Princess's Don't cry

Start from the beginning

Shaira sighed. She knew her session would be only over if she gave an insight into her life to him. Not wanting to elongate the conversation longer.

"I am afraid-" her voice trembled as she put her one insecurity out of hundreds that she have in front of a stranger. Then again, wouldn't it be easier to say it to a stranger rather than her loved ones?

At least she would not have to face their pity.

"I am afraid that if I will like something it will be ripped off me as soon as I get it or maybe I would not be able to get it."

There she said it. The worst fear she had in her life.

"I was not loved by many people in my early childhood. Then again, with the circumstances we all faced at that time, this outcome was inevitable. I don't know how but in the journey to find myself. I took a brave decision. A brave decision that changed my life after years. Then the disturbing thoughts I had earlier became stronger than ever. Falling into sleep and getting paralyzed became normal. To wake up at odd times. Not being able to sleep enough became normal."

Shaira's eyes were cast down, her hands fisted on her thighs. She did not even know she was crying until a tear went and fall on her fist which made her come out of a trance and realize that she had just scratched the deepest layer in front of a stranger. The quite opposite of what she originally wanted.

Shaira abruptly stops. Her eyes were still on her hands. She didn't want pity from a random stranger. She was tired of that look.

"Miss Shaira. You need to look at me."

Shaira's eyes slowly lifted to see Mr. Sordo still sitting in his seat. His face was devoid of any pity just a calm yet serene face. The face Shaira had grown comfortable with.

Dr. Sordo moved back to the desk and put a journal in front of her.

"I have seen very less people who are strong enough to say what's wrong with them in the first go. Normally they try to deviate thinking everything is fine but it is not. So you should be proud of that."

Shaira hummed as he saw Dr. Sordo kindly smiling at her.

"About the task I gave you. I apologize. I was not brief. The things you like need not be big. It could be small. For example- I see a small cat as I was coming to the hospital. I liked the cat. That's it. I did not need anything grand from you." Dr. Sordo smiled kindly at Shaira.

"Why don't you try writing your thoughts in a journal? You could give me this at your next appointment."

Shaira was confused but still took it from his hands.

"But what should I write about? My life is boring." Shaira said as her innocent eyes stared at Mr. Sordo. Their almost same-color eyes collided with each other.

Mr. Sordo's eyes were unique. The turquoise color was prominent just like Shaira. She was sure her eyes did not suit her but on Mr. Sordo, it was a different game.

"Anything you want. From a class incident to your daily activity. Anything. It's your arena to reign."

Shaira nodded. Well, a task just gets added to her never-ending list.

She sighed.

"And get some rest. You look tired kid."

Shaira gave a small smile. No matter how much this therapist infuriate her but his smile was contagious.

"So I need to see you next week?"

Shaira said not giving a glance to Mr. Sordo but shuffling the pages of the journal. It was pretty. With warm shade color. She wandered from where Mr. Sordo bought these.