"Fuck it. She can wait." I continue to wash my body for the next five minutes. I was hoping an hour, but my heart wouldn't let me keep her waiting. Shit, I have already been in here for an hour or more.

I shut the water off, stepping out of the shower, placing a towel around my waist. I walk back into my room, quickly drying my body off. I put on some basketball shorts, and some socks, heading out the door.

I jogged down the stairs, almost instantly hearing Malarie's sobs. I walked into the room, seeing the gang huddled around her. They were surrounding her so much, I could even see her.

I cleared my throat, announcing my presence. Everyone looked in my direction, glancing at me. That's when I saw a wet and puffy eyed Malarie. "What's going on?" I took a seat on the other side of everybody. Silence.

"Is anyone going to talk?" I throw my hands up, in gesturing manner. "Are you going to talk? What are you even doing here?" I pointed to Malarie.

"Wow, some way to greet me." She croaked, as her bottom lip wobbled, trying to contain more sobs. "We're broken up! How am I supposed to greet you Malarie?" I yelled, not trying to have this discussion in front of my gang.

"I need somewhere to stay... my dad put me out." I frowned, as she wiped her eyes. "Why?" I probed.

"I would much rather I tell you in private. Sorry guys." She winced, trying to tame her wet hair. "Well come on, let's get you dried off. I can't believe your dad kicked you out, at night... in the rain." I shook my head as I led us upstairs.

I waved her inside first, following behind. I went inside our walk in closet, going to her side to get her some pajamas. Heading back into our room, I handed her the clothes.

"Can I have a towel please?" I nodded, muttering "mhm." I scurried inside my bathroom, grabbing a towel from the cabinet.

"I only have small tow- AH!" Malarie soft hands tapped my waist. Scaring me half to death. "I'm sorry, I um just have to pee." She apologetically looked up at me.

"Oh er that's fine." I fumbled, with the many of towels in my hand. Gently setting them down on the counter.

Going over to the door, I hurriedly out of the bathroom with her. I blew out a much needed breath, heading over to my bed. I tiredly lean back against the many of pillows, on my king size bed.

That work out really took a toll on my body. My shower eased some of my tight muscles, though it's nothing like a massage.

"Jason?" Malarie called to me, as I keep my eyes closed. "Hm?" I replied, cocking one eye open.

"I'm ready to talk if you are." She set on the edge of the bed, brushing her wet hair. "I'm ready. What is it you have to tell me?" I nonchalantly spoke.

"Why are you acting like you don't care?" Her voice full of hurt. "Maybe because I'm tired and don't want to see you." Turning away from her, I got inside the covers.

"You're such a rude person. I know we're not together anymore, but my dad put me out! I have lots to tell you."

"If it's about your stupid memories of us, then save it!" I snapped, still facing away from her. "And shut up, I'm trying to get some rest."

I got up turning off the room light, slipping back under the blankets. I heard her sniffling. Sighing loudly, I turn on my bedside lamp. "Why are you still crying?" I turn facing her. Her attention was staring at the ceiling.

"My life is on hold right now." Tears rolling down her cheeks. I shakily wiped them away. "I'm sure it's not over. Your dad will call you back home in no time." I spoke sure of myself.