Chapter 17

Malarie's POV

"Malarie wake up. Come over here and cuddle me." Jason whines, waking me up for the umpteenth time this morning. "Jason leave me alone." I mumble into my cover, still with my eyes shut.

"Man, fuck you then." He grumbles, muttering words I can't quite make out. "Ugh." Groaning, I throw my cover back, getting up to see what he wants now.

I make my way over to him. He's clearly upset. Almost like a little boy, who couldn't get his way. I inwardly laugh at his immaturity, along with his pouty face. I clear my throat, attempting to get his attention. He stubbornly, keeps looking the other way. I clear my throat again, still nothing. Stubborn butt, is going to make talk first.

"Yes Jason, what do you need me for?" I question, raising a quizzical brow. "I wanted to cuddle. But never mind." He grumbles, still looking away from me.

"I cuddled with you, twenty minutes ago. Then you kicked me out the bed, all because you were too hot." I state matter-of-factly.

He didn't physically kick me out the bed. He did complain though. He's such a hot tamale one second, then he's complaining of being cold. I guess my karma came back to haunt me. He has been waking me up every so many seconds. Yes seconds. I only woke him up every five minutes. This has been going on for five days now, and I'm dead tired. He is such a complainer.

"I got hot. Now I'm cold again, but never mind... I don't need you." He shrugs looking at me. He's going to need me. Just wait and see.

"Fine mister independent. Just like yesterday, huh? You thought you could finally walk on your own, and guess who almost fell? You. If it wasn't for me running to you, you would've fallen down." I argue, walking back over to the couch. "Ugh you make me want to-" He starts, although I jump back up to tell him off.

"I make you what, mad? Angry? You want to hit me? You haven't taken your medicine so I guess you would want to, huh?" I calmly speak through gritted teeth. Well I tried to be calm. He's stressing me out.

He clenches his jaw mighty firmly, balling his fist up, looking away from our intense stares. Ha! I won this battle. And anyway, he couldn't hit me if he tried. He's weak and slow. Therefore he's very dependent at the moment. I ignore his mumbles, going back over to the couch. Flipping through a cooking magazine, I try to calm my nerves. I know I'm not going back to sleep. Once I'm awake, I'm awake. I've been trying to go back to sleep for two hours, now. When I finally get some type of rest, he wakes me up nagging.

Several minutes passed by, when I hear him groan. He probably has to pee or he's in pain. But will Mr. McCann tell me? Nope. His macho man ego doesn't let him. So do you know who has to ask him, if he needs anything? Yes, me.

"Ah." He groans again. I keep flipping through the magazine pages, ignoring him. "I know you hear me Malarie." He speaks through his pants.

"Hmm, what did you say?" I test him, still looking down at the magazine in my hands. He'll crack soon enough.

"Ah, ow." He hisses, saying a few other words I couldn't understand. "Ooh, how to make Red Velvet Cookies." I gush excitedly.

"Ahh fuck! Okay, okay, babe can you please come over here and help me?" He weakly asks. And there he goes. Cracked as can be. "Of course, all you had to do was ask silly." I get up, tossing my magazine on the couch.

Walking over to him, I see him doing a wiggle dance of some sort. Looking at him amused, I shake my head.

"Yes, what do you need Jason?" I cross my arms over my chest, waiting for his response. "I have to pee so damn bad, please help me." He squirms, holding his crotch area. "Alright." I chuckle, grabbing the urinal bottle thing.