Romantic Anniversary Dinner: The Meal, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Can I tell you something Matt?" Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, seemingly starting to get quite concerned at the moment. "Of course, baby, what's wrong?" Taking a breath as she turned to look at her husband, Gabby teared up a bit before going to grab her napkin; at the same time, Matt got up and got close to his girl. "Hey, what's wrong baby?" Taking a breath, Gabby turned her head and looked at the man she loves; after which, she put her hand on his face. "If you asked me a year ago, I didn't think I would be here; let alone would I be pregnant with our daughters. As brave as I wanted to be..." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that was the case; after which, he got up and moved his hand to her neck. He then leaned in and proceeded to kiss her softly, taking things nice and slow with the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world. "Hey, it's okay. Gabby, it's okay. We're both here right now." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, before moving to hug him, which Matt knew that she really needed, especially now.

"And I promise that we're always going to be here with each other Gabby, forever." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, before watching as he got up; after which, he leaned over her and kissed her softly. Just taking things nice and slow with Matt as he did that, Gabby was happy. "I love you Matt." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that was the case. "I love you too Gabby, and I want you to remember that as you sit here; if you need me, then I promise that I will hold you close to me." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, before smiling at him. "Thank you." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, before putting his hand on her neck and kissing her once again; after all, that's what she needs from him right now. She needs him to kiss her, so that she can feel better. And if this is making her feel better, then Matt is more than happy about that, which is why Matt is more than okay with kissing her, because he knows that it makes her feel better instantly. And he's going to make sure that she knows that, as he sits down with her.

Putting his hand out, Matt motioned for Gabby to grab it for him, which she promptly did the moment he asked her to grab his hand, so that he could give her the comfort that she needs right now. After all, she does need to be reminded at times just how much he truly loves her; which is more than anything in the entire world, which will always be the case. "Gabby, at the end of the day; I'm your husband, and I think we've both learned our mistakes over the past two years. I know that the last two years have been really hard, and full of stress. Many near death experiences, fights, tragedies, and so much more; and I hope you know that I'm always going to be sorry for it all." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, well aware that was the case. "And I will always regret those words that I said before you left to go to Puerto Rico, so don't even try and say anything about me not regretting those words." Gabby laughed and agreed with her husband. "Oh, I'm never going to feel that way again; especially not when I proved you wrong."

Matt smirked as he heard Gabby say that, before getting up and moving back to his chair; but this time, he brought it closer to Gabby so that he can continue to hold her hand. After all, that's what she needs. She needs to hold his hand and feel him be there, which is something that Matt's more than comfortable providing for his wife; because he wants to make sure that she's okay, especially since he knows that her emotions aren't completely there right now. "Sorry, I feel horrible for doing this right now." Shaking his head, Matt just looked at Gabby and proceeded to stroke her hand. "Hey, I don't want to hear that. I don't want to hear you apologize because you have nothing to apologize for baby. I know that the past couple years have been hard for the both of us, and I am just trying to say that I'm happy that we worked through it all Gabby, because that's something that we need to celebrate and be proud of." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, well aware that was the case; especially as they have a really nice life now, with children.

"I have to say though, I am not going to complain about the fact that our life is much different than it was a year ago." Matt snickered as he heard Gabby say that, as that really was an understatement; probably the biggest one that he's heard in a long time, as their entire life has been turned upside down. "Well, I think that's one of the biggest understatements that I've ever heard. I mean, in the past year we learned that we're wealthy, started a company, I got diagnosed with PTSD, we had the boys, we got a dog, moved a couple times, and then got pregnant with the girls." Gabby snickered a bit as she turned her head and looked at the man she loves, before going to grab his hand again. "Oh, is that all we did this year? I thought we did a lot more." Matt smiled as he heard Gabby say that, as he was thinking the same thing; along with the fact that he was ready for some more food, which he was about to get as Pascale was coming out with supper. "Well, I think you guys are going to be happy about this. I have supper for you."

Turning her head, Gabby smiled as she looked up at their personal chef who was carrying their supper; at the same time, she wiped her eye with her napkin. However, that only made Pascale wonder about something. "Are you ready for supper madame Casey? If you need a moment to cry a bit..." Interrupting her chef, Gabby smiled as she was more than ready to eat; especially since she was quite hungry. "Pascale, if you finish your sentence; then I am telling you to leave us ALL of the leftovers, and you don't get to bring any back home." Pascale agreed with Gabby as she said that, smiling at her. "It's okay, I can make my own food; because I would rather have fresh food, that I get to cook for my family." Matt agreed with Pascale as he said that, before smiling at his chef. "How are Melanie and the kids? Sorry if I forgot the names. Two sons right?" Pascale agreed, smiling. "Alexandre et Jacques. They were born October 19th."

Quick Note: I want to just say this. I know that I previously mentioned that Melanie was pregnant, and that they had kids. But I forget the names of the kids, and whether they are. I just know that they were having twins, and that they would be born before their anniversary. So, I have decided to just change it to what I said up there; but this time, I remembered to write it. But now, that's the information that you have about his kids. Their names are Alexandre and Jacques, and they were born October 19th.

Turning his head, Matt then remembered something. "Did you guys already book your flight to Paris for Christmas?" Pascale shook his head. "We're having our family come here instead, because it's just much easier with twins." Matt agreed with Pascale as he said that, smiling at him. "If you need anything, just let me know and I can give you a hand." Pascale agreed with Matt as he said that, but he most definitely isn't going to need anything. "Mr. Casey, you already give my family too good of a life. Now, I'm going to let you go so that you can celebrate your anniversary." Matt agreed with Pascale as he said that, before smiling at him. "Thank you Pascale and see you at another time." Pascale agreed with his boss, before finally walking away so that he can give his boss privacy with his wife; after all, it is their anniversary...and he knows that they both want to celebrate it alone with each other (and now, they are once again).