10

Your home was empty, almost. Weirdly clean and smells like odd vanilla...? You explore your house more and found a cake on your kitchen table. It's ugly that's for sure but it wasn't messy, just odd. "You're here?" As always, you could never hear his footsteps except for Grandpa Zhongli. "Took you a while to come here, thought you left everyone before saying your goodbyes." He huffed dramatically. Xiao never changed even when he took care of you when you were small. The 5-year age gap doesn't make sense. A few years later, you might look older than him as he stays the same as always. 

"Aish well, you caught me there. I was excited about my new job. It's not every day you meet royalty." Little do you know who Zhongli was, you would be shocked. Xiao shook his head at the thought. "Be careful with him, and also Zhongli wants to meet you." You nodded your head in acknowledgment. 

"Then what about the cake?" You pointed at the cake behind you. Xiao grimaces at your comment. "It's nothing. I'll throw it away later." His face was a little flushed and avoided your eyes. Was he embarrassed? "No way, you made this...?" Xiao flinched, caught red-handed. "I- no I did NOT make such a thing! Mind you it was Xiangling!" 

"No way she made this! It's okay Xiao, I appreciate it." A genuine smile plastered across your face. "Alright then let's meet Grandpa Zhong now." You decided to drop this topic once and for all. Teasing him was way too much fun. "Thank you, now let's go." He huffed. 

Both of you leave the house and took a 5-minute walk. The path to the secret building may be short but it was so easy to get lost in. Even after years of going back and forth, you've never succeeded in getting there without losing your way. Hence why Xiao always accompanied you until now. "By the way how's Grandpa Zhong these days? It's been a while since I've seen him after my last mission." 

"He's been well but he fainted a while ago."

"What?!" Never in your life than you ever expected him to faint. Or show any weaknesses at all. "Then what happened? Is he sick already? He's not going to die right!?"

"No need to panic, he might as well die because he was concerned about you," Xiao admits how much the whole Assasin group cares about you. Indirectly. Noticing your touching stare at him, "Ugh, fine yes I do care about you. You are my well, student and sister are you not? You are the youngest as well." 

"Thank you.." You continued, "But why did Grandpa faint though?"

"As I said, because of you."

"I thought you were joking!"

The conversation ends there as well as your trip. 

The building or you could say, Manor, was very perfectly hidden. After all, it was designed and created by Grandma Guizhong herself. The insides of the manor don't change much except for the chandelier which Ganyu accidentally shot down. It was a reckless idea to practice archery indoors. But oh well. 

Knock 

"Come in." A stern voice commands the both of you. Both of you stepped into the room. To say the least, Zhongli was shocked to see you. "...Who are you?" Zhongli looks at you, Xiao, and then back to you. 

"Your youngest...?" You grew confused. I mean come on; he raised you. Surely, he remembers one of his own...?

"Y/N!?" Dear gods finally, it took him a long while to figure out. Even Xiao didn't help and tried to hold back his laugh. 

"Yes, it's me, your one and only." You sigh, tired of everything already. 

"Ah, well pardon me. You...Well, you're serious.." Zhongli rubs his eyes and then proceeded to hold his forehead. "But I'm proud of you youngest. I and Xiao didn't expect you to pass that's for sure."