Chapter 10: Bouquet for the Dead

As the school day drew to a close, chatters of excitement filled the air. Younger students happily skipped toward the exit, their voices filled with laughter as they conversed with friends and indulged in delicious snacks. Amid their joy, many couldn't resist the allure of their smartphones, capturing moments together and editing their pictures to an unrecognizable perfection.

"Wow, you take such incredible pictures!"

"Just download the Frost app. It works wonders, giving me porcelain skin, enlarged eyes, a defined jawline, and a perfectly petite face in seconds."

"I'll definitely give it a try when I get home. Maybe it'll help me land a cute boyfriend."

"First, focus on improving your makeup skills, girl. Then your pictures will truly shine. Right now, you resemble Annabelle's long-lost cousin."

Meanwhile, for other students, the day was only just beginning. With furrowed brows and tired expressions, many older students rushed toward buses and cars, determined to cram their minds with additional knowledge at tuition centers. The upcoming college entrance exams were approaching, and the pressure to excel was intense. Some students worked diligently for their own dreams and aspirations, while others pushed themselves to meet their parents' sky-high demands. In the middle of all this, Min and Hyun, too, had to bid each other farewell as they had to concentrate on their academic tasks.

"Today was great. Sure, we got some strange looks, but it's a thousand times better than being forced to spend time with people I can't stand."

"Yeah, today turned out surprisingly well. I'm amazed by Akio's positive reaction. I thought he would find our "friendship" unexpected, but it's almost like he already knew about it."

"Nah, that's unlikely. Akio is an open-minded and kind dude."

"Alright, Hyun. I have to head off to my extra classes now. Take care!"

"Goodbye, Ba- I mean, Min!"

Although they would be temporarily separated, Hyun promised Min he would visit him after his tuition classes, longing for a cozy and affectionate time together.

On the opposite side of the school, a group of students from various age groups stayed behind for sports training. The coach resorted to using sexist and homophobic insults, as though distributing free after-school snacks, in a misguided attempt to motivate the students.

And then there was Naeun, the enigmatic loner, deeply engrossed in the task of removing all the recording devices she had stealthily planted throughout the campus. A voice inside her head whispered that her years of eavesdropping on others' conversations were finally about to pay off. Once Naeun returned home, she eagerly connected the recorders to her laptop, her eyes gleaming with anticipation as she listened intently to each conversation she had obtained throughout the day. And then, it happened—a chance encounter with Min and Hyun's heartfelt exchange in the restroom. At that moment, her dormant soul soared with a mix of heinous excitement and twisted satisfaction, as if a sharp blade of perverse delight repeatedly stabbed her masochistic heart.

Naeun very well knew that drawing away the curtains and unveiling this secret would have far-reaching consequences, not just for Hyun and Min but for the whole school community. The power was in her hands, and she reveled in the anticipation of the disorder that was about to ensue.

After a few minutes of maniacal laughter, Naeun couldn't contain her excitement and immediately dialed Ron and Kai, spilling every juicy detail of the supposed-to-be-private conversation she had recorded.

"So, Hyun and that boy are actually dating?" Kai asked, his voice dripping with disgust.

"Yeah, it's crystal clear! I could hear the sound of smooching and everything," Naeun gleefully replied.