lectures

Jules: 

"The first day! The first day back after Christmas break and you two managed to make me want to retire at the age of 43!" Principal Stone yelled at both me and Max. Our parents were called to pick us up so now we were waiting for them to get here. "He hit me first." Max muttered entirely focused on his nose bleed. "You asked for it." I hissed. "You never listen to what I ask? Why start now?" Max groaned. "Because I actually liked the outcome of this one." I mumbled. "Yeah? You like having a black eye?" Principal Stone asked looking absolutely horrified. "No, I like his face when it's all beaten up. Especially when I did it." I spat, still frustrated. "Right back at ya," Max muttered. "No wait, not that you beat up my face, but like the other way around. When I beat up your face, that's what I meant. You know..." I blocked out the rest of his ranter 'cause he wasn't making any sense, like usual. 
Both Principal Stone and I turned to him in full confusion when he finished his crazy ranter. "What?" Max asked noticing our expressions. "Talk like a normal person, will you." I hissed. "At least I talk. You just hit everyone in the face." He shot back. "Don't worry, Max. That's just you." I muttered. "Wauw, Jules, I feel honored." Max rolled his eyes at me. "Fuck you." I spat. "Fuck you back."
"Would you two just shut up for 2 seconds!" Principal Stone snapped. "Yes Jules, shut up." Max said. "You shut up!" I spat. "Jesus Christ, how old are you? I feel like I'm a pre-school teacher." Principal Stone groaned. "He's the five year old." Max said pointing at me. "Don't put your finger in my face, I'm older than you, fucker." I hissed. "Boys will be boys." Principal Stone Sighed throwing his head back in defeat as me and Max continued bickering. 
A few minutes later my dad and Max's dad walked in. "First day, really?" Dad sighed lowering down to check the damage. It wasn't bad, just a black eye and my knuckles were cracked. Max didn't look that bad either, his lip was busted and his nose was bruised but nothing too bad, maybe he had a few bruised ribs since I gave a kick there but it weren't any lethal hits from either of us. "I didn't start this time." Max defended himself throwing his hands in the air. "This time, being the key word in that." His dad smiled softly while helping Max from his chair, who was as predicted, grabbing his side for his ribs. "What's the punishment?" Dad asked the principal. "I'll have them clean up the cafeteria for a few days. No suspensions, I'll spare them a bit since it's the first day back but I'm serious kids, keep this up and there will be bigger consequences." Principal Stone said. We all nodded and walked out. "My scooter is still in the parking lot." I muttered. "You'll pick it up tomorrow." Dad said. "How will I get to school?" I asked. "It's not a long walk." Dad shrugged. "It takes an hour walking!" I spat. "Relax, I'm kidding, I'll drive you there on my way to the track." Dad chuckled. "You almost gave me a heart attack." I said clutching my chest. "No, kid, you almost gave me a heart attack when the school called me. Again." Dad noted. "He asked for it." I mumbled. "I'm sure he did. Max has big talks, we all know that. I didn't think you'd fall for them again after all those times." Dad said getting into his car. I got in the passenger seat with a sigh. "Is mom mad?" I asked. "You'll find out. When you tell her." I groaned at that. "You're doing that on purpose." 
"Hé I don't want to upset the pregnant lady. See it as your punishment." Dad chuckled. "She's gonna kill me, isn't she?" I muttered. "I think you're lucky if she does." Dad smiled. 

"Have you lost your mind?!" Mom yelled after I told her what happened. "Maybe a little bit, but he was asking for it." I told her trying to keep my voice steady and not piss her off even more. "I'm sure he was." She rolled her eyes. "He was!" I yelled throwing my hands up in defeat. "I don't know how to please you anymore, I'm either too lazy, too busy, too anything, it's never good enough for you." I hissed suddenly very pissed off. "You don't know how to- Jesus Christ, you hit a 15 year old boy. You started a fight with a kid! You're 17 years old Jules. I spent 17 years raising you and somehow somewhere I made a mistake. Somewhere in that time I did something wrong, but I don't recall wanting my sweet boy doing the shit that you are doing." Yes, you hate me mom, I know, you never fail to let me know.
"Max is troubled mom! He was being an asshole and he was embarrassing me. He dared me to hit him so I did. Technically, I did nothing wrong." I shrugged. Mom sighed dropping back into a big fluffy chair behind her. "I'm too pregnant for this. My back aches, my baby is beating my insides up, my skin is dry and oily at the same time, I'm hungry, my daughter is spending all our money on clothes and my son won't leave puberty. Will you please, please, bring your mama a cup off tea and I'll leave this stupid fight behind me for this one time." Mom asked sounding fairly done with this whole day. Same mom, same. "Okay." I nodded, feeling slightly guilty for the poor woman. She was 38 weeks pregnant now, I'm not sure what that means but from what I've heard my baby sister would definitely be born next month. I'll have to start mentally preparing myself for another screaming baby soon. I'll love the little girl tho, I've already loved her since the first picture they showed me. 
I walked over to the kitchen where dad was seated at the kitchen island, smiling at his phone. "Who's the secret love?" I whispered jokingly. "Max." Dad smiled not taking his eyes off his phone, clearly reading a message. Lestappen fans would be going crazy right now, and since my phone stalks me I'll probably be seeing the edits on tiktok for the rest of the day. 
"Is she mad?" Dad asked putting his phone down for a second. "No, she said she'd forget about it if I made her tea." I told him, chuckling quietly. "Better hurry up then, before you'll have to make up for letting her wait with cookies or some crazy pregnancy craving. She had me drive to the store last night because she wanted Oreo's with pickles and cheese union chips." Dad smiled shaking his head, clearly rethinking about it. I laughed, made tea and got back to mom. 
"There you go." I said handing her the cup. "Thanks, love." She smiled gratefully, cupping the warm cup with both hands and taking a deep calming breath. "You okay mom?" I asked her sitting down on the other big fluffy chair next to her. "Yeah, I'm alright, just been some rough days." She nodded looking slightly sad. "I'm sorry about today." I mumbled staring at the floor. "Yeah, me too, love, me too. You're okay tho right? I don't have to take you to a doctor?" She asked a little stressed as if suddenly remembering I could be hurt. "I'm okay, no need for a doc." I smiled, quickly reassuring her. "That's good, please just promise me to try and keep some distance from Max jr, I don't want you two to get into more trouble." 
"I'll do my best."

--

Short chapter, I'm so sorry!!