Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

I shoot him a plain stare. "Don't make me regret this."

"Just trying to lighten the mood a bit." He holds his hands up, he reposition himself so that his body is facing towards me. "Let's start off easy. Why did you decide to come here? Why not go to one of your friends house? Or your boyfriend house?"

"This is the last place they would come to check."

I know Coop would have helped me out but only for a couple hours, she would let me stay there until I calm down but after that she would make sure I went back home. But she has enough on her plate as far as being called a snitch on the daily, and trying to get her mother to accept her for who she truly is. I could have went to Patience, she would have let me stay but she would have told Coop and I would have been found regardless.

And I could have gone back to the hotel with Layla, she would have lied for me, but I want to just deal with my issues and not worry about what she's going through. I know that selfish of me, I would rather just go back home and talk to mom before I stay locked in a room with her two days. Olivia already worried about me, so she would have snitched the second mom would have explained what happened.

Jordan would have helped, but I know that we would have just gotten into about Darnell. And how I basically ran off with him earlier that day, another dead end. As for Simone and Asher, the both of them have their own issues that they need to worry about. So Darnell is the only person I could turn to, and seeming to be the best option thus far. But I won't tell him that.

"I know that I'm re-developing a habit of running away from my problems. I understand why they're all worried, trying to make sure I don't go down the wrong path again. And I've been making a lot of mistake lately, but being away from everybody that makes me want to run feels refreshing."

Darnell places a hand on my knee, I know the gesture is meant to be comforting but it felt as if his touch was burning me

Darnell places a hand on my knee, I know the gesture is meant to be comforting but it felt as if his touch was burning me. "We're teenagers. We're trying to figure out life and how to navigate through it. We're going to make mistakes. Even adults make mistakes, so trying to live a life without a mistakes. You'll let yourself down every day."

He gives my knee a squeeze before moving his hand. "You don't talk about any of this with your people? You just deal with all this by yourself?"

"Yeah, that's pretty much how it's been for a while." I rub my knee that he had just touched. "But it's better that way anyway because wherever Spencer thinks I'm going through something I have to be within three feet of him at all times or he has a whole meltdown about it. He's just so overprotective, but he wasn't always like that — he was chill and fun to be around but after. . . A situation that I was in in. He felt like it was his fault for not noticing the changes I was going through at the time."

"So, he made it his mission to make sure that he notice everything about me — no matter how little it is. We now have to have all the same friends, we have to do almost everything together. I can't just go to a party and not tell him because then he gets upsets and thinks I'm hiding something. Which is why I try not to make mistakes, I don't want people worrying about me because they done enough of that already."