15 - Got the Sense I've been Betrayed

As the others exit Chishiya's room to prepare for their role tonight, you hang back. You needed to talk to him about the plan, and it would be nice to clear up what happened the other night as well. As Kuina shut the door behind her, you were left in silence with him. You glance over to where he was leaning against the sliding glass doors to find him already staring at you, his blazing eyes making you want to melt into a puddle. Shaking off the heat that was starting to spread throughout your body, you clear your throat, "I want to do more to help tonight Chishiya. How is standing watch with Kuina going to help? Let me join Arisu and Usagi to help find the safe." 

"No." He grunted, his face settling back into his typical cold and empty expression. 

The heat faded from your body as quickly as it came, "Why the hell not?" You demand, crossing your arms in frustration. 

"Because I said so." He states bluntly, giving no indication that he would care to explain why. 

Growling you storm up to him, "That's not a good enough answer Chishiya, I'm not letting my friends take all the risk tonight. I would never forgive myself if something happened to them."

His eyes flare as they analyse your face, gaze lingering on your lips. Smirking his voice drops, "You look gorgeous when you are angry." 

Your mouth drops open, this man was infuriating. He was totally changing the topic, and what was even more infuriating was that is was working. Rolling your eyes you laugh, "Is it because you're scared i'll get hurt or something? Does the almighty Chishiya actually care about me?" 

Instead of dropping his gaze he leans even closer in, our faces inches apart. "Maybe I do."

Your smile drops and you drink in his stare, his smell, his presence, he was intoxicating. His arms encircle your waist, teasing you with the trickle of his breath against your neck. Swallowing hard, you let out a breathy response, "Like you can talk, I saw you almost get killed today. Kuina and I were spying on your little meeting earlier, you could've had your head blown off."

You felt him smile into you, "I know, I hope you enjoyed the show."

Your body jerked in suprise, he knew you was watching him the whole time? Laughing he nuzzles deeper into your neck, what a dick. "How did you know we were there?" You question.

"Mmmm well you weren't very quiet up there." Your eyes widen. Shit, well maybe you weren't as sneaky as you thought. There goes your plans of being a future ninja. He chuckled, "Don't worry the others didn't see you." He then flipped you around so your back was against the wall, lips reaching up towards your jaw. 

Breathing heavily you arched your neck to give him better access and confess, "I have to admit, it was kinda hot. You are seriously such a cocky dick sometimes."

"You love it." He muttered, grabbing your chin and slamming his lips into yours, body pressing deeply into your own. You moved against him in sync, perfectly matched in every way. You break away for a breath, locking eyes as he smiled softly. What was this? You were dying to know. Was it just sex to him? Something inside you told you it was more. You stepped backwards just out of his grasp, it taking everything in you not to collapse back into him. 

"We need to focus on tonight, your getting the code before the meeting right?" 

He nodded, he was keeping the details of his plans to himself apparently. You couldn't help but wonder why. 

"Well I'm going to stop distracting you, I'll see you later Chishiya." And with that, you give him one last peck on the cheek and left his room, it was probably the last time you would ever see it. Once they figured out we had stolen the cards everyone was going to come after us at full force, we would have to find a new home. You were worried. Worried for your friends, worried for the people of the beach, worried for Chishiya. 

The battle between wits and guns was about to begin.

For hours you waited anxiously in your room for the meeting announcement, that was when the plan would be enacted. Chishiya should have the code for the safe by now and would have told Arisu. You had been delivered walkie talkies to allow for communication while the group was apart to allow for warnings and updates. Kuina finally knocked on the door after what seemed like forever and you followed her down to the main lobby where the announcement of the new leader was taking place. When you arrived hundreds of citizens were gathered, both nerves and excitment flooded the space. You kept towards the back so you could slip out easily when the time came, staying close to Kuina so you wouldn't be seperated. A voice boomed over the floor and the militants made their grand entrance at the top of the stairs, Chishiya and the other executives following closely behind. It was obviously to show their 'support', despite the fact they had more so been forced to comply. Chishiya found you through the crowd immediatley and offered you a quick, almost pained smile before returning his focus on the others. He was acting weird today, but you guess it made sense since we were about to pull a full on heist against the beach and the previous day you had sinned in the elevator. They began their announcements and Kuina pulled your arm to indicate it was time to leave. You had all packed your gear and put it in one of the cars in the garage where Tatta was waiting for us. We were hoping no one would even notice we were gone until it was too late and then we would disappear deep into the city. We slipped into the hallway and up the stairs towards the top floor. That was where the master suite was located, and apparently the safe containing the cards too. Once you reached the top of the stairs you waited in the hallways for a few moments before radioing in to Arisu and Usagi that the floor was clear. You heard the sound of shuffling and a door opening and knew they had gotten inside. The next few moments were hell. Your heart was pounding out of the chest and worry spilt from inside you like a leaking dam, on the verge of collapse. What if they got caught? What would they do to them? Kuina was also just as nervous, constantly checking the stairs and halls as we waited. The radio then sounded and it was Chishiya,

"You guys standing watch need to check the floor below, apparently there's something going on down there." He announced through the crackling speaker. 

"Understood, we will head down now." Kuina replied shortly. 

Something didn't feel right. Unsure you question Kuina, "Do you really think we should leave right now? What if someone comes up and we miss them?"

She shrugged, "If Chishiya says something needs to be checked out downstairs it's probably important. It could be part of the plan, we will be back before they know it."

You nod even though you still didn't agree, "Ok let's be quick then."

Both of you ran down the stairs and onto the floor below where you briefly searched along the hall until you reached the end. There was nothing there, what the hell was Chishiya talking about? Just as you were about to head back upstairs the radio sounded once again, it was Arisu this time. 

"The safe is empty, there are no cards here!" He says frantically, he then continues only to be cut off by a gruff voice. Both Kuina and your eyes widen, they had been caught. You ran back upstairs and peered around the hallway to find a whole group of militants at the door of where Arisu and Usagi sat with their arms up on the floor, guns pointed in their faces. Panick set in until you saw Chishiya standing there, he was going to save them you were sure of it, find some lucrative excuse as to why they were there. Aguni then pat Chishiya's back and thanked him, your heart dropped. Chishiya grinned, flipping the radio in his hands as he stared down Arisu and Usagi without even a glimpse of remorse. It was a set up. Chishiya had set them up to get caught. You felt a crushing weight in your chest, he had manipulated and turned on his own friends, he betrayed us. The worst part of it all was that you had started developing feelings for him, that bastard. Your mind was racing as fast as the beating in your chest, how could he do this? How could some be so cruel? How could you be so stupid. You start forward but Kuina grabbed your arm before you could take another step. She met your eyes with a look of sorrow, had she known? 

Betrayed, decieved and broken, Chishiya truely was the Cheshire Cat after all. 

Just as Kuina began to pull you back towards the stairs you noticed Aguni then Chishiya glance towards a painting of a Stag. Your eyes widened, so that's why he did it. He knew the cards wouldn't be in that safe, so he needed to find a way to trick Aguni into giving away their location, and that was behind that damn frame. You laugh as you are dragged away, no energy to resist. So he found them. Chishiya got what he wanted after all. But at what cost?