4 - Ramen is my true love

Kuina was waiting by the stairs in the hall, and her eyes widened when she caught a glimpse of you walking towards her. "Holy shit, I knew you would look good in a bikini but I didn't think you would look that good!"

You grin at the compliment then remember what the back of the bikini looked like, your face dropping into an accusative glare, "Yeah I know I look good, except you also happen to put me in the tiniest bloody bathing suit I've ever seen! My butt might as well be naked!"

She lets of a short giggle, "Sorry we were running low on bikinis, but trust me everyone here is wearing the same thing, no one will even notice." She starts down the stairs and continues, "Now follow me we are going to grab you some food then I'll introduce you to my close friends." Thank god, you were about to faint from hunger.

We walk to the bottom floor past the lobby and through to the dining hall which was also flooded with people. They watch as you enter with Kuina, their gazes running along the length of your body. So much for no one even noticing. You feel the urge to cover yourself, but instead strut forward with a look of confidence to show people you weren't someone to be messed with. We approach a table with two boys and another girl seated, they all greet Kuina with a genuine smile and wave. "Hey guys! This is my new recruit, she may be hot but touch her and she'll probably kick your ass." With that she winked at you and sat in a spare seat. You awkwardly smile at the group and take the seat next to her, the other girl at the table eyeing you cautiously.

"My name is Arisu", said the happy go lucky guy seated opposite me, he seemed innocent yet charming. "This is Usagi and Tatta," he continued, pointing to the other two, "It's great to meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you guys too, although I am starving is there any food around here?" You question.

Kuina jumps up and disappears behind a door, then moments later returns with a tray full of steaming hot ramen and rice, placing it in front of you. Your eyes almost begins to water and you had to stop yourself from drooling, "All of this for me? Ok maybe The Beach isn't so bad after all." The group laughs, and you could feel the tension from Usagi start to loosen. They all disappear behind the same door, returning with their own trays of food. You dig into the ramen making absurd noises whilst you do so, not caring who was watching because it may as well have been the best meal of your life.

Kuina asks between bites. "Where is Chishiya? I wanted him to meet Miss Loud chewer over here."

Arisu shrugs, "No idea, I think he may have gotten called into a meeting." He glances my way, "By the way Chishiya is super high up in the ranks, I think he's like number 5 or something." Well that explains the rooms. You wonder who this guy could be, obviously he must be pretty smart or powerful to be at that level.

Kuina jumps in, "Anyway onto more important matters, there is an epic party going on at the pool tonight, I insist you all have to come."

Arisu and the girl glance at each other, Usagi states carefully, "As always I think we are going to give this one a miss, it's not really our scene. You guys have fun though."

You go to protest but feel an arm wrap around your shoulder, "Fine but no excuses for you and Tatta, It's my birthday!" Kuina sings. Tatta grins and gives her a reassuring thumbs up. It was her birthday, and I mean she pretty much just saved you from starving so you have to thank her somehow. You also send a forced smile and thumbs up Kuina's way and she brims with joy. "So how did you like your room anyways?" She questions.

"It's amazing! Thanks for getting me on that level I'm sure you had to pull a few string for that." She throws me a wink in between bites of her food. Remembering what happened before this you groan, "I totally forgot you will never believe what happened, I was looking for your room and knocked on the wrong door, and guess who opened it? That infuriating guy from the game yesterday!" Kuina chokes on her food, then explains to the others what I had told her about him. "It was insane, like I knew he was at The Beach but out of all the doors I knocked on, how in the hell did it happen to be his! He was totally rude too, slammed the door right in my face. Next time I see that pretty little shit I'm going to give him a piece of my mind, or foot, whatever feels right." The group laughs and we continue to chat, your stomach warm and full from the meal. After you finish you jump up and stretch to the sky, "Anyway, it was nice to meet you guys but I need a nap. What time and where am I meeting you and Tatta?" I ask Kuina.

She replied excitingly, "Meet me by the umbrellas in the pool area downstairs at around 10pm, I'll leave everything you need by your door."

You nod your head in agreement and walk back toward the stairs to your room, belly flopping on the bed with a moan as soon as you enter the room. Never had you been so grateful for a nice place to sleep. Thinking back to the group, you smile. They were all different to other people you had met here, obviously kind people, maybe one day you could even learn to trust them. Your eyes flutter shut and before you could even remove your shoes, you fall asleep, dreaming of ways you can kick white haired boy in the face.