Our New Life Begins

Start from the beginning

With baby in one hand and towels/essentials in the other, he headed to his personal spring further down the mountain. A hop in his step and a smile on his face as he separated the waterfall once more and stepped out into the open mountain.

The monkeys followed as soon as he left the hut, eagerly chirping and calling to their King and Prince. It was such a change in their day to day to see their King so active! And with a new baby in their midst, they were all gushing at the sight. Most of the young weren't as little anymore, so having someone so small left them curious to see more.

Qi Xiaotian calling back, waving his little arms at them. Just so many new friends for him to make.

"Oh you are going to love this, Star." Wukong said to his child, patting his back. "It's nice and warm too. Oh but uh- don't go there without me." he instructed, even though his child both couldn't understand and wasn't really listening. Too distracted by all the new sights and smells.

"Of course if you do go without me, take a monkey with you. An older monkey. Not the other babies. Infant, you and the babies shouldn't be there??" he said in realization. "New rule!" he declared. "No babies by the water." the elders chirped in agreement to their King's proclamation. "Good." The open path they walked shrunk, ducking below a thick settlement of trees. Within the brush, hidden away, was a lavish circular spring that connected to a small stream. Warmed by the lava mountains not far away from the area.

Speaking off, though he didn't say it yet, babies were also not allowed to go near the lava.

Stepping over a fallen log, Wukong inhaled. The area smelled just like he remembered. This secret oasis was his and Liu'er's favorite spot.

Which normally, wouldn't be, considering he can't really... uh... swim.

Correction to anyone who asks, it's not that he never bothers to learn, he just can't swim. Being a stone monkey he does as all stones do.... Sink.

But this little secret pool was about the height of his chest, so he wasn't worried about it sucking him up.

His son was happily chirping and patting Wukong's arm as they ducked below low hanging branches. The rest of the tribe stopped at the underbrush, not really in the mood for a bath themselves. Plus, they felt it was a good teaching moment for their King to learn another step in child care.

Stepping around a few stones, Wukong lifted his finger out for Qi Xiaotian to hold. "Alright bud, here we are."

His child chirped in response, his nose turned to a new smell. As they got close, his eyes widened and he got quiet. The smell of fresh trees and purifying water were new to his senses.

"Alright, so let me get undressed... Don't move." Wukong stressed, setting the child down to step to the side. He watched the young one anxiously, expecting him to rush for the water and subsequently fall in... instead Qi Xiaotian just stood there.

Frozen in place and the hair on his back standing up. His back arched cautiously, giving little whines for his father

Wukong quirked an eyebrow, puzzled. "Don't like the water?" He was genuinely surprised but this gave Wukong plenty of time to remove his clothes and hang them up. "This way." he patted his bare knees for his son to follow. He didn't, pressing a little against the nearby tree trunk and eyeing the water precariously.

Wukong eyed him, settling the towels, shampoo, and ducky along the edges of the spring to easilly grab.

"You know, water isn't my favorite either but that is only after I learned I sank.... Do you really already dislike it?" he asked. His son whined. Wukong settled his hands on his hips. "Hmm. Here, here look." Wukong slipped into the warm spring water. Immediately it warmed his lower body, enveloping it in a crisp scent of herbs and natural minerals. The weight of his own body was evident as well,  "Hah...." He exhaled. The water seemed to seep into his aching bones. He didn't realize it until now, but he missed this. He felt he could faintly hear the sounds of the past.