An Anniversary Walk to Remember

Start from the beginning

"I guess for my own sanity, and not wanting to overthink things. It'll keep my blood pressure down, and that will help the twins. We already lost one baby and..." Moving his arm around Gabby's shoulders, Matt brought her close to him as he already heard enough; and he most certainly did not need to hear more, not when this is a subject that's still hard for the both of them to talk about. I mean, you can probably see that being the case simply by how Gabby just reacted at the moment. "Sorry, it's still a hard topic to talk about." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that, well aware that was the case. "Of course, it is baby, and I understand that. I just want you to know that you aren't in this alone, and that we're in this together; I mean that, and I am so glad that you at least are starting to open up to me. It's what I want you to do each and every day, and I want you to promise me that you're going to keep opening up to me as much as you can." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, more than ready to do just that; as it's what she needs to do for him.

She needs to be open and honest with him, and she can't hide things from him; because that won't help anybody, it'll just hurt all the progress that they've made since last October. "I guess old habits die hard at times." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, before taking a breath. "I know what you mean, because I've done it in the past; when I thought that I was dealing with PTSD and didn't tell you for a while." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, well aware that was the case. "I know, but it's okay now; I promise that we're good when it comes to that, because we're dealing with it together as husband and wife." Matt agreed with his beautiful wife as she said that, smiling as he wrapped his arm around her once again. After all, that was exactly what they're both doing, dealing with Matt's PTSD as a team. As that's what they are first and foremost, at team comprised of a husband and wife who love each other more than anything in the entire world. But that's not all they are, because they're also parents to Matteo and Noah (who are both crawling).

"So, while we're out here; I thought that we could talk about something." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that. "And what would said thing be?" Matt smiled as he heard Gabby say that, before turning his head and looking at the woman he loves. "The fact that both of the boys are crawling now, and how in the world we're going to deal with that." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, before snickering a bit due to the fact that it's exactly what she wants to think about; their beautiful sons, who are growing so fast. "I truly think that this is a wake-up call." Matt was confused as he heard Gabby say that, not sure where she was taking this conversation. "What are you talking about Gabby?" Taking a breath, Gabby turned her head and looked at the man she loves. "I want to see these milestones Matt, not hear about them; I want to see them, and not have to miss out on them." Matt agreed with his wife, smiling; after which, he went ahead and kissed the side of her head. "Is it making you think about whether you want to be without them?"

Turning her head, Gabby shook her head as that was the last thing that she was thinking about right now; after all, she does want to be alone with her husband. She always wants to be alone with him on their anniversary, and that isn't going to change just because she's sad that she missed a couple of the boys' milestones. "No, that's not changing. I want to be with you on our anniversary, and only you. You're my husband, I love you, and this is what I want. I want to be with you, and I want to concentrate on celebrating the fact that we've been married for three years." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that, glad that was the case; after all, he is enjoying this time that they're spending with each other. "Good, because I miss this quality time that we have with each other. It's going to get even more rare as we have more kids, and when the work gets busier." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, well aware that was the case. "Tell me about it." Matt snickered as he heard Gabby say that, well aware that she was thinking about the photoshoot.

"Are you sad that you missed the photoshoot today?" Turning her head, Gabby shook her head due to the fact that she most definitely was not sad that she missed the photoshoot today; because there was nowhere else that she'd rather be, than with him as they celebrate their anniversary. "That's never something that you're going to have to worry about, because I want to be with you on our anniversary." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, smiling at her; at the same time, Andy continued to walk with them (at the same pace that they were walking at). And the truth was, Matt appreciated that as it meant that they could walk with it. He wasn't going too fast, and he was just doing everything perfectly. He was taking his time, and making sure that he and Gabby can do everything right. "I swear, we really did get a good pick when it came to Andy." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, before turning to look at her husband; after which, she took a breath as she wanted to ask Matt something that may be hard for him to answer.

"Matt,, you remember how you said that I can always ask you anything?" Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, as that most certainly; and will always be the case, because she can always talk to him. "Something bothering you Gabby?" Gabby shook her head. "Just a question that I am starting to think about right now, and I would really like to know what your answer to the question is." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that, more than okay to give her an answer to the question. "Well then, how about you ask me the question? And if I have an answer for you, then I will try my best to give it to you." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, glad that was the case, especially since the question that she's going to ask him may be hard for him to answer; in fact, she already knew that it will be hard for him to answer. And that's due to the fact that it's related to part of his PTSD, and some of the harder times in his life, which is the entire reason that they got Andy (the dog) in the first place. But she still wants to ask him the question.

"Matt, when you say his name; does it ever make you think about our late friend Andy?"