11. The Doctor of Death

Special thanks to the champs who proofread the chapter: Kranfoel, Delta-Soldier, Lil_proto and McHanz. You're guys work is what helps this upload schedule run smoothly!

Everything seems to come to a complete standstill as the strange wolf in a lab coat finishes. You feel as though you are thrown in a loop. This wolf...claims to have known you? But that can't be right!

"But that doesn't make any sense! You are not a human!"

The doctor pauses, quietly raising his paw as if to inspect it. The doctor lets out a hefty sigh, putting his paw away.

"You aren't wrong Colin, but I WAS human... at least before I changed into this."

You and Puro share a glance in confusion as if you are sharing the same thought. This strange wolf was once human? But what happened? Did a latex creature do this?

"But Puro thought that once a latex beast assimilates a human, they are gone forever! Puro thought maybe the latexes don't want to assimilate humans anymore."

"It's not that they don't want to, rather more that they can't do it. Not anymore at least."

"Umm...Dr. K? I don't quite follow what you mean. What do you mean by that? I don't even know what is going on."

"Colin, I am aware of your amnesia and I promised I will answer every question you have. But let me ask this again, do you remember anything...even a small thing...anything at all?"

You simply shook your head. You don't remember anything...nothing at all. The wolf doctor groans in defeat, clearly not happy with the response.

"Can't we have anything going right for once? Why must everything be so damn difficult?"

"Dr. K?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine...just have a lot on my plate. Mind following me to my lab? Have plenty of work to do."

You look at Puro who shrugs, unsure of what to take about this. It couldn't hurt right? You have Puro here to back you up in case something goes wrong.

"Sure."

And with that, the Doctor opens the door, going down a small passage while you and Puro follow along.

"Alright, let's start from the beginning." The Doctor speaks out, grabbing your and Puro's attention.

"A few years ago, our world was struck with a new kind of virus. No one is sure where this virus came from or what created it. All we know is that this Virus is unlike any we have ever seen. Not only was it easy for it to infect humans after humans, but any form of life as well. All living things, both plants and animals, aren't safe from this virus."

"Nothing at all?"

"Nothing is safe, if we didn't stop it, nothing on this planet would survive. So the world went into a state of emergency and scientists from around the world band together to defeat this virus."

Dr. K then stops by a locked door with a keypad and starts inputting a code.

"This Institute became the last stand to find a cure for the ongoing virus. I joined the cause just like many others."

"But then something happened?" Puro asks.

"Yes...it did." Dr. K grimly said, finishing inputting the code as the door slides open.

Through the door, you find that there is plenty of lab equipment all around, ranging from vials, a few diagrams of a human body, a microscope and a few computers.