𝘾𝙃. 015

・゜゜・☼・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・☼・゜゜・.

She ran as fast as she could towards the fold. She had protected Nikolai but now it was time to fight her own monsters.

Deyanira ran aimlessly through the fold, she had lost the others in her desperation of revenge when suddenly a bright red light shined in the distance.

She didn't know if it was good or bad but it was something. Volcra were screeching above her, and thankfully she hadn't encountered any of those shadow monsters either.

Finally, she entered the red bubble of light, her arrival caught the attention of three women, she only knew Zoya who recognized her but the other two got in positions to attack her thinking she was with the darkling.

"Wait, she's with us!" Zoya stopped them and Deyanira reached them. "What happened to you? You look...glowy"

"Thanks" she smiled at Zoya. "I was getting reinforcements, be assured no more bad Grisha are going to be bothering us now"

"Nina Zenik, pleased to meet you" the pretty brunette woman extended her hand.

"Deyanira, Deyanira Gaeliar" she shook her hand and heard a small gasp from the Suli woman besides them.

"Gaeliar?" She asked but before she could respond when a voice interrupted them all.

"How touching" his voices brought shivers of terror down her spine, the red light around them disappeared and they were once again surrounded by darkness. "He is family after all"

Shadows attacking Alina and a shadow posed above her and her friends, Mal shot at the creature behind them making it retreat back into the fold.

There was an explosion and before she could blink the Darkling was already with his back on the dirt.

There was a moment of celebration before she turned to see Alina's boyfriend on the floor.

"I'm hit" Mal heaved in pain, apparently he had been hit with the Darkling's cut.

Deyanira lighted the place a little with a ball of light in her hand, allowing her to finally see clearly around her. Her eyes sorely focused on the monster on the floor.

She walked towards him and stood above him as he groaned in pain, blackened blood flowing rapidly out of his wound.

"Do you remember me?" She asked him, weirdly calm.

"How...could I?" He said it slowly struggling to keep the breath in his body. "My biggest regret...I should've killed you myself"

"Yeah, you should have, you should've known we'll come back"

"What are you going to do now?kill me?... go on...take your sword and stab my black heart with it"

She unsheathed her sword and pointed at his heart, the pointy tip just brushing against the rags that were once his clothes.