Epilogue: a happy ending

Mulai dari awal

That same fate had fallen upon the first person I had ever fell in love with.

And I came across the realization that everyone I loved

with the exception of my brother

..was to burn..

I collapsed to my knees and my voice gave out. I tried to scream, but i only sobbed louder. Groans and squeaks coming from my throat as I felt myself die on the inside.

Leaving nothing but an open wound.

And the world decided to rub it in.

I looked up to the sound of screaming. And the sound of pain and fear echoed through the building.

Firefighters rushed in, and after a few moments. They dragged out geno.

Who was desperatly trying to go back inside.

And I knew who he was chasing so desperatly after.

And the world threw salt into my bleeding, wounded soul

And dragged the remains of the building down. Crumbling until their was nothing left anymore.

And I knew he was gone.

Narrator POV:

It's worse knowing you could have done something...

That feeling of 'what if-'.

"What if I had done this instead..? Would they still be here..? Would they be sitting and laughing with me right now..?

What if I hadn't done this..? Would they have lived..? Would they be alright..?"

But that guilt, although many claim is temporary, is permanently scarred onto a person. Weather they realize it or not.

And that guilt is heartbreaking.

And it never disapears.

CQ POV: I screamed at the firefighters to do something. To go in their and chase after him. To go save both my boys.

But they refused.

They claimed it was too dangerous. The building would collapse any second. And they would only put more people in danger if they sent some more people in.

Our only hope was for them to come out on their own.

But the smoke was thick. And the fire only grew.

I screamed louder as the building started to crack. I punched the firefighter, desperate for them to do anything. To get the point across.

But he simply took it.

Didnt do anything. Didnt care.

And just turned the other way when the last floor fell.

I turned to the building and screamed. Crying out to my boys. Hoping for a response. For anything.

Even a cry.

But nothing.

Until they responded.

Or..... One of them did.

Geno screamed in terror, and a burst of adrenaline rushed through me. I tried to rush to him. But the firefighter stopped me. Claiming it wasnt safe. That the others would handle it. And I watched with anticipation as two firefighters ran in. And ran out dragging geno. Who was screaming and crying.