5. Admiration Turned Into Desire To Be With Him

A/N: Day 5 - Admiration

.𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟.

5. Admiration Turned Into Desire To Be With Him

.𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟.

We stayed in the water far longer than we should have, but Sasaki was too cute in his excitement to explore the caves and coral reefs. It was only when I promised him that we could return here later that he finally relented and we surfaced.

"Oh, so it's okay to call me Shuumei to avoid any confusion at my folks' place." Sasaki mentioned to me as we walked on the street.

I was confused at first, but then remembered about the last name thing and nodded. "Okay, Shuumei." I had to smile at saying his name, it was such a sweet-sounding name.

I saw him try to hide his blush, and smiled even more.

We walked into his family's bakery, and the smell of the food they were making was a tantalizing aroma. It reminded me of the scent that stayed on some of Sasaki's clothes. Different baked goods were out on display, and I wondered what they might taste like...

"Pick out whatever you want!" Sasaki urged me, eyes bright.

"Really?" I asked, becoming excited to match him.

He nodded. "Yeah. My parents are in the back, so we can go there to eat."

After choosing different things, we went to the back of the store where it turned into a house with a similar layout as his cabin. His parents were waiting at a table, and I could see so clearly what features Sasaki took from them.

"Hello there, Shuumei has told us all about you!" The woman stood up to come closer to me. She was just a little taller than me, and her dark chestnut hair was braided to the side. Her eyes were alight with a welcoming grace. "I'm his mother, Kaede. This is his father, Hiroshi." She gestured to the taller man beside her who had lighter hair and grey eyes. He had the same kind of smile as Shuumei.

"He told us you saved him, and what you are. Your secret is safe with us." Hiroshi promised, and I smiled.

"Thank you. It's very nice to meet you both, um..." I quickly looked up at Shuumei and then back at them. "What else did he tell you?"

They gazed at one another, smiling, and then back at me. "That he found his Soulmate!" His mother gushed.

I blushed just as someone new came through the door in a hurry.

"Sorry I'm late! The ceremony lasted longer than usual!" The woman must be Shuumei's sister, and the same woman I remembered helping me heal... Her and Shuumei looked so similar, but her hair was more a mix of brown and red, and she wore glasses. She noticed me and stopped. "Oh, you're... wait, you have legs?!"

"Oh! Yes, it's from mine and Shuumei's Soulmate connection. We're able to change forms."

She blinked rapidly. "You guys are Soulmates?"

"Yeah, we are." Shuumei spoke firmly, and I noticed he wore a hard look that seemed to snap his sister out of confusion.

"Right, um, my name is Satoko. I'm glad you're feeling better." She smiled at me.

"The healing process went a lot easier because of your prayer... You used the Goddess Blessing, right?"

Her light eyes widened. "Yes. I've been a devoted shrine maiden to her goddess, Jubaku, since I was a little girl."