CHAPTER FOUR

Sighisoara, Romania

The next morning, she ditched school in search of another friend who wanted to help. She made her way over to Sighisoara, a historic region of Transylvania, sixty-five kilometers northeast of Sibiu city and a hundred seventy-five kilometers northwest of Bucharest. Though she was around Strada Parângului.

Grace looked around, going through the GPS on her phone as she journeyed to find her friend. She sighed heavily when she couldn't see anything. How the hell were people supposed to go anywhere with this much crowd?

"Looking for someone?" she heard a man say.

She furrowed her brows and scanned around. She turned behind her and parted her lips in shock, dumbfounded that he was the one who got to her first. She blinked slowly as she looked at him from top to bottom.

His brown curly hair had been pushed to the side neatly. His height and weight remained proportional, considering he had always been so keen on clean eating and exercise. The texture of his naturally tanned skin was flawless and glowing under the sun, though there were a whole lot of cuts and bruises around, as always. Benjamin Whitlock was a troublemaking witch who knew exactly what he wanted and always got it no matter what. He was a manipulative, vindictive, and playful character. He also loved picking fights, challenging the first tall blonde-haired guy with blue eyes who looked like a QB1 to show how weak he truly was. But he was also a very powerful vampire-witch - a Heretic, one who knew the ins and outs of Sacrificial and Ancestral magic. Not to mention, he can so easily suck people's powers to their momentary mortality. Surely, with his dangerous and adventurous personality, he would help her in a heartbeat.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" he exclaimed as he munched on his jumări, his voice muffled, "Why the fuck would you wanna do that?!"

She rolled her eyes as she crossed his name off the list.

"Look, I really don't give a shit what happens to you, considering we're not exactly friends," he continued as he gulped down his food and she could finally hear him clearly, "but I'm not gonna be aiding and abetting this bullshit if it means Voldy's gonna off my head."

"I just need you to do a quick and easy compulsion on him," she begged, "Better yet, suck his powers for five minutes!"

"How the hell would you know that he's not on Vervain? And how the hell am I gonna get close enough to him? That guy's the Top Ten Most Powerful Dark Wizard of All Time!"

"Nobody in the Wizarding World consumes that shit."

"How would you know?!"

She rolled her eyes at that and groaned in annoyance.

"So that's it? Nobody I know's gonna help me with this?"

"Hell no, ese!" he exclaimed, "I ran away from Cádiz and Mexico to start a new life, far away from any supernatural wars!"

"How could you even say that? You are a supernatural creature, Ben! You've got extraordinary powers a lot of people would kill for! You hold the power to wipe off an entire species if you put your mind to it! You can't just run away from who you are!"

"I've had that shit and I'm done with it," he answered, "I'm not goin' back."

She tusked as she looked around.

"Thanks for nothing," she muttered and then left.

Hogwarts Academy

She flipped the Zippo lighter around her fingers as she stared up at the dark skies that held the gleaming stars and glowing moon. She didn't know what else to do about her predicament. She couldn't let the wizards fight to the death. She needed to be practical, she needed to make it easier. If only she had a Heretic that could suck Voldemort's powers away for just five minutes, she could kill him and be done with this nonsense. She then straightened her sitting position as she stared at the moon blankly. She sighed heavily and closed her eyes, leaning her back against the wooden chair. What else was she supposed to do, run away?