CHAPTER ONE

July 2nd, 2023 - Hogwarts Academy

The school bell of Hogwarts Academy rang as loud as it could, echoing through the large, severely tall hallways of the building. She groaned in annoyance, massaging the bridge of her nose, and let out a sigh of exasperation. She stood up from the cement balcony and took her black leather backpack, reentering the fourth-floor hallway, and climbed down the flight of stairs. Her dark brown chunky-heel leather boots clacked low as the soles hit the cement floors, going to the fifth period - Professor Snape's class.

She clawed her way through the thousands of other students wearing their respectful dark robes and uniforms - Slytherins with a gray and green logo of a serpent, Gryffindors with a red and gold logo of a lion, Hufflepuffs with a black and yellow logo of a badger, while the Ravenclaws with a blue and brown logo of an eagle. It didn't surprise eighteen-year-old Grace Riddle when she was assigned to the Slytherin House in her first year, considering she possessed the last name of the Dark Lord Voldemort, also known as Tom Riddle for a time - she had her black robe decorated with the green and gray serpent logo on the left side of her chest.

She hit someone when she wasn't focused on her steps and she cursed under her breath.

"Hey, watch it!" she snapped, her American accent thick and snappy.

The two turned around and her annoyed expression turned menacing, and so did the pale white imbecile fool's. There was nobody in that building she loathed more than Draco Malfoy.

"Well, well, if it isn't the mud blood," he spat, his British accent thick like the rest of the school's.

She gritted her teeth, her jaw clenched when he called her that.

"Heard that Diggory fucked and spat you out the next morning. That's what you get for sleeping with a filthy half-blooded Hufflepuff."

"Have you checked for STDs, Dre? Heard Liz hit a hundred in her body count before she got with you."

He tusked as his tongue licked his cheek from the inside. She knew that he hated it whenever she called him 'Dre' or if she so much as challenged him. He suddenly lunged forward and wrapped his rough big hand around her upper arm, gripping it tightly as he yanked her to him. She wasn't phased nor did she flinch. The two only looked at each other intensely, her light brown eyes boring into his electrifying blue ones. Even though the two were in the same Hogwarts House, they were certainly two polar opposites. Draco was a huge bully and a poisonous serpent that liked to feed on people's misery. And what's worse - he loved picking fights and spitting the last venom. He was much fitted to be assigned to the Slytherin House.

Grace, on the other hand, was a loving and knowledgeable person. Despite her muggle blood, she was quite respected by the other professors around, even Snape, who wasn't so easily entertained. She was also helpful. She always stepped up and spoke her mind. She always used her voice, especially for other women who actually needed it. Not for Elizabeth Hart, though, the slut Draco was sleeping with. How she would love to incinerate all her strawberry-blonde hair. The two were made for each other.

Even in appearance Grace and Draco were polar opposites. While he had white blonde hair pushed back neatly with pale white skin and an ever-present frown, Grace had long straight dark hair that stopped right at the small of her back, that gleamed whenever light reflected on them, a pair of light brown monolid eyes, and naturally tanned skin that glowed under the sun. Not to mention, she always had such a wonderful perfect white-teethed smile.

"Tread very carefully, mud blood. Even though you're born a Riddle, you're still just as filthy and insolent as the rest of those humans," he growled low, "So don't you dare speak to me that way."