Issue 1: Humble Beginnings

Start from the beginning

It was founded by Caleb Wittebane, the father of Hunter Wittebane. As for who Hunter was, he was one of Luz's best friends ever since she was little. The two were so close that they were practically like brother and sister. He didn't even need to be invited inside the Noceda Household with how much he came over.

But notice how it was said that Hunter was only one of Luz's best friends. And that's the truth. There were two more.

"Oh! There it is!" Vee smiled as the bus eventually parked right in front of them. She and Luz looked at each other before nodding and then climbing inside once the door opened.

The bus driver smiled. "On time today, eh?"

"Barely, Miss Kiki!" Luz laughed as she and Vee went to the back of the bus, taking a seat. There weren't many people on the bus, mostly because they were one of the first stops. They didn't really care though.

Whether they were the first stop or the last stop and a bunch of students judged them for who they were. Weirdos like them had to stick together.

So what if one of them watched anime? So what if one of them liked fantasy? So what if there was a huge incident where Luz brought in fireworks for a book report? So what if Vee liked to narrate aloud sometimes?

And naturally, the two sat together, fully relieved that they truly weren't late now. Luz then hummed. "Y'know, I wonder if Hunter's the tour guide."

"I doubt it." Vee laughed. "But I wouldn't be surprised if his dad just let him stay home. I mean, he's the only one of us that's actually been at his dad's building."

Luz nodded. "Funny how we've known Hunter for so long, yet we barely know his father."

"He's a busy man, can we blame him?" Vee asked.

The rest of the bus ride was the usual. More and more students were picked up while Luz and Vee just talked about whatever came to mind...and then?

"You guys talking nonsense without us?" A familiar voice asked as two kids walked over.

Luz and Vee turned around and then smiled. "Gus! Willow!"

Willow smiled and sat in the seat across from them alongside Gus. "Hey, Noceda Twins!"

"I'm still older." Luz whispered.

Vee's eyes narrowed and she pushed her sister slightly. "Are not!"

"Are too!"

"Okay, fine! By a minute at best!" Vee said.

Luz smirked. "Therefore, I win!"

Gus sighed. "You two have that argument once every week. You don't find it the least bit irritating with how even though Luz is older, Vee refuses to accept it and we have this whole song and dance over and over again?"

"...no." Luz and Vee said in unison.

Willow shrugged. "At least you tried, Gus."

Gus sighed again, rubbing the brink of his nose. "Yeah, I should probably stop trying to reason with these two."

"Reason with Luz, you mean." Vee said. "I actually know the definition of reason."

Luz just grinned. "That is true."

"See? She's not even denying it!" Vee exclaimed.

Willow laughed. "Vee, you're not any better than your sister. You may not be as crazy as her, but that's not to say you aren't crazy at all."

"No idea what you mean...I say as I turn away, silently scoffing." Vee narrated.

Luz just laughed before she suddenly froze...and then hid behind her seat. "Crud, she's here! Don't let her see me before I embarrass myself somehow!"

Vee scratched her head before peeking behind the seat.

And sure enough, the person who walked in was a rather beautiful girl. She was wearing a long black shirt, jeans, and wearing a fancy crescent moon necklace. She had stunning golden eyes, and short hair which was dyed purple. Her face was almost...porcelain. At least to Luz.

This was Amity Blight. She was the youngest daughter of a wealthy man named Alador Blight, who had recently divorced his horrible ex-wife.

Amity used to be so closed off, but ever since her mother was taken out of her life, she began to express herself more and more. She even broke up with the school bully...but even before then...?

"The circle of Lumity continues." Willow whispered with a grin. "Luz, you gotta talk to her sometime."

"Are you insane?!" Luz whispered as she watched Amity sit down beside a friend, thankfully far away from them.

Vee sighed. "What are you afraid of, Luz? She and Boscha have been broken up for a year, that's a chance if I've ever seen one."

Luz sat up. "She probably doesn't even know my name..."

"Then, introduce yourself." Gus said. "You've been crushing on her for years, but in the shadows. You're never gonna get what you want if you just keep dreaming for it."

Willow then patted Luz's shoulder. "Maybe you can even try talking to her during free time after the tour?"

Luz blushed, taking a deep breath. "I...I'll try, that's all I can promise..."

Willow, Gus, and Vee cheered.

"SHH, SHE COULD HEAR YOU!" Luz cried, shushing them all one by one and then making sure Amity didn't hear them. She then sighed in relief and sat back in her seat again. "Well...this should be the most interesting thing to happen today..."