【 Episode 13 - Growing Distrust 】

= Recap =

As the group found out that they all ended up in the same weird place, they realized it was not time for a reunion just yet; a machine, long-trapped underground, tended to destroy the uninvited visitors. With Nova's guidance, they've successfully escaped— yet it was just the start of something more bizarre.

Sunlight shone from the morning sky and shot into the crystal clear windows of the gathering building. The sky was clear, without a single cloud visible. The white train is still running across its tracks, the sunlight glimmering on its smooth face.

In Bianca's dorm, the leopard was already awake, gazing mesmerizingly at the crystal she had gotten her hands on. The dim red light reflected in her lavender eyes.

"Just what exactly are you?" She whispered, unknowingly speaking to it. She blinked and shook her head. "Heh. I can't believe I just talked to a crystal; I must be out of my mind."

Footsteps were heard outside, passing by her dorm. She quickly shoved the crystal into her pouch and moved her attention towards the clock.

"Right, the meeting," She gave her pouch a pat, walking over to the door. "...You'll be staying in my pouch for the time being."

In the gathering hall, the shadow of a bunny figure casted on the floor. As expected, Izzie was the first to arrive at the early meeting. She sat on the couches while waiting for the other contestants to arrive.

Several thoughts rushed through her mind.

That portal... It led straight to Nova's dorm. It makes sense that she could use those; her father is the administrator of the contest after all. The bunny tried her best to picture the scenes from last night, flipping through her diary. It seems like there are still a lot of technologies that I haven't gotten to know about. As much as I respect that about OwlRace... If I were to win this contest, I have to stop Nova from using any more tricks.

The hallway door slid open. Ren waved hastily, with Nova and Chase standing by the doorway.

"You are all late." Izzie lowered her eyebrows.

"You have to be thankful that I managed to even get out of bed," The griffin talked back, wiping his eyes. "I could totally go back to sleep right now."

Ren scanned the hall.

"...They're still not here?" His crimson red gaze was filled with joy. "Cool, I can take a break from Bianca's mean streak."

Izzie froze as her gaze met with Nova's. Even up to this point, she still has no clue how Nova managed to have her gaze look so empty all the time. However, it felt way less eerie than when they first met. It was odd.

A while later, after Scarlett had arrived along with Bianca, the contestants sat in a circle to share their thoughts.

"...I assume you all know why we're here," Izzie began, breaking the silence. "So, I'll get straight to the point. We all happened to end up in the same place yesterday. I don't believe that was a coincidence."

Nova blinked as her light blue gaze darkened. Chase dipped his head, processing the information.

Scarlett and Bianca exchanged looks.

"I'm curious, how exactly did you all manage to get to that strange place?" Scarlett raised her hand eagerly.

"I believe I was about to head to sleep when I heard a ruckus outside in the hallway. Believe it or not, when I went to check it out, a portal opened up underneath me. I slid my way there through a tunnel like a child in a playground." She said with a face of visible resignment.