Infliction | thirty-six

(this is the final chapter of Infliction. Thank you all so much for you endless support you showed this fic. Who knows where my next writing journey may take me.)
(not proofread.)

..

It was three days after the court trial and Gabi had yet to see Luke. Everyone was trying to settle after the court trial and the aftermath of that.

The day after the court hearing, Sierra had taken her to do some self-care at a spa, stating that Gabi deserved it after everything she suffered through with her parents, especially within the last two weeks.

But about 20 minutes into the treatment, Sierra got a phone call and stated it was an emergency and she had to leave, not without mentioning that Calum was on his way so she wasn't alone.

Gabi thought it was odd that Sierra left without telling her where she was going, usually, she'd at least tell her if something was wrong with Luke, right?

"Where's Sierra?" Gabi asked Calum once they got into his car.

"She's at the hospital."

"Oh, does that mean I can go see Luke then?"

"Um.. no. I think he had to get some testing done."

"Testing? But he's not awake right?"

"Um, yeah... I mean yeah he's not awake, not that he is awake."

Gabi eyed Calum suspiciously. They were all definitely hiding something from her, but whatever that thing was she had no idea.

"Either I or Ash is gonna come to stay with you tonight," Calum spoke up after a couple of minutes of driving.

"What about Sierra? Won't she be coming home tonight?"

"Probably not tonight. Something came up at the hospital and that's why she had to leave."

Gabi found it a bit odd that Sierra wasn't telling her this herself, as she usually did, but perhaps there truly was an emergency and she wasn't able to use her phone. Although, she didn't quite understand what emergencies a social worker could have.

"Did something happen to Luke?" Gabi asked the two doctors once they made it back to their house.

"What? Why would you think something happened to him," Ashton answered.

"Because you're all acting weird tonight and you won't let me go see him."

"Well, it's past visiting hours, hun."

"Even earlier after the spa, Calum said no."

Calum sighed. "We told you Sierra had an um.. a thing, an emergency to attend to."

"You paused."

"Well, I didn't mean to. I'm driving."

"Okay, and if she had an emergency to go to then why does it matter if I go sit with Luke or not.?" The young girl argued.

"Well just because it may be chaotic at the hospital."