✨How You Get The Girl pt.4✨

A/N: this is a super long chapter. Almost 9k word count. Hope you guys are enjoying!

Chapter 4:
A Slur and The Toad

3rd person POV

The first month and a half of term went by rather quickly, It was now nearing halloween, and in addition to Umbridge, Draco Malfoy was proving to be a thorn in Edaline's side. She had made it abundantly clear that the Mudblood slur was not allowed in her class, and for a while it worked. The first few weeks proved relatively peaceful. But Two weeks ago, the Malfoy boy crossed a line that even left the Slytherin students in her class a bit horrified.

-Two Weeks Ago-

Edaline's POV:

It had been nonstop this week, Draco had been disruptive during class and extra mean to everyone, especially hermione. Granger took it like a champ, but I wasn't having it.Everyone had been paired off with the exception of Daphne, who had become a group of three with Hannah and Hermione. This gave Draco ammunition, having two purebloods in a group with the muggleborn.

"Sorry you're stuck with that muggle filth, Greengrass. Don't get too close you'll get-"

"Enough Malfoy! Did my warning from the first day of class slip your mind?" I asked sternly.

"How dare you speak to me like that?! Filthy Mudblood scum!" He hissed.

I felt the rage in my chest bubble over and I couldn't stop the wave of anger that escaped my throat. He pushed too far.

"DETENTION MR MALFOY! FOR TWO MONTHS! 150 POINTS FROM SLYTHERIN. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? CALLING ME A SLUR IN MY CLASSROOM? GET THE HELL OUT!" I yelled, fury and disgust in my eyes.

"My father will-"

"You will go straight to Professor Snape's office! I don't want you in my sight." I yelled. "Out!"

He left huffing and pouting like a petulant child.

I was seething. When he took his exit, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before turning back to my students.

"Continue with the group reading. Pansy, you may join Mr. Zabini and Mr. Nott. I hope I have made myself abundantly clear. The use of that slur is prohibited in this classroom. Understood?" I said shakily, trying to keep my voice calm.

"Understood professor." The class echoed.

When the class was over, all of my students, even Pansy, told me to have a good day on their way out. I couldn't wait for them to be gone, but Hermione lingered behind.

"What can I do for you Miss Granger?" I asked tiredly, standing from my desk.

She chewed her bottom lip, looking at the ground then back at me, quickly wrapping her arms around me in a hug.

"Thank you for putting a stop to the comments professor. I'm so sorry. He was so terrible to you. Are you alright?"

I tentatively hugged her back for a moment before pulling back. She reminded me of my younger sister sometimes.

"I'm alright Hermione. Thank you. I'm sorry you had to deal with this. No bullying is tolerated in my classroom whatsoever. Every student deserves to feel safe here."

She nodded.

"Hannah and Daphne both said they'd back you up if Draco gets his father involved. You're an amazing teacher." She said, wiping her tears.

"I appreciate that hermione. The staff knows well what Draco can be like. I am not worried. Go on, you'll be late for Transfiguration and Minerva will have my head."