Mother In Law

Narcissa and I had invited Juliet and Tommy to stay with us for a few days following our wedding since they were going to be in Ireland for it and Narcissa and I weren't going on our honeymoon for a week. We didn't want them spending unnecessary money. Tommy wasn't able to make it due to prior engagements but Juliet wasn't about to miss my wedding. She loves me and she loves my wife too. Juliet and Narcissa aren't close like Juliet and I. But they're still good friends. My maid of honor Monica was staying with us too along with her husband Derek. I adore both of them and so does Narcissa. But they flew home with everyone else the morning after our wedding. Juliet planned on staying for the week until she caught a flight to Italy to meet her husband and his family there.

Everyone knows Narcissa doesn't take shit from anyone. Literally no one. Her nickname is the ice queen for a reason. But my loving kind and caring wife has one person that can make her crumble and cry. One person who can send her into a panic attack. And that person is her mum. Druella Black.

The night after our wedding, Juliet, Narcissa and I were eating dinner at our home, enjoying small talk and funny stories. The three of us had been drinking but I had the highest tolerance so I was no where near tipsy yet.

Narcissa was laughing at a story Juliet was telling when there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Narcissa said getting up to open the door.

"Ok love."

Juliet and I continue talking when I heard a gasp from the front of the house and a silent "No" uttered from my wifes mouth.

"Hello my darling daughter."

My heart plummeted. I knew that voice anywhere. Narcissa's mum had paid us a visit.

I was on my feet about to get up to a confused Juliet when the woman pushed past Narcissa and welcomed herself into our home.

"Cissa Darling. Love what you've done to the place." Her mother spoke sarcastically.

"Eda who's that?" Juliet asked quietly.

"No need to whisper muggle. I'm Narcissa's mother Druella Black."

"Oh. I'm Juliet. Nice to meet you. I'm a fri-"

"I don't care." Druella snapped walking over to the table.

"Don't speak to her like that. Why are you here?" Narcissa mumbled weakly.

I could feel her strength leaving her body as she spoke, already panicked.

Juliet looked at me in alarm. She had seen Narcissa in full icequeen glory and full protect her family at all costs glory. She's only ever seen Narcissa in tears once after a ptsd episode.

"Well since I didn't receive a wedding invitation, and I had to find out about your disgraceful nuptials from the daily prophet, I came to see if it was true. And I have to say Narcissa. I am truly disgusted."

I moved to stand, ready to defend my wife but Narcissa put a hand on my arm.

"Thats enough you need to-"

"Sit down mudblood. I'm speaking with my daughter." Druella snapped, turning back to Narcissa. "You are a disgrace. You tarnish the black family name. How dare you disobey me?! I am your mother! You left a pureblood husband for mudblood filth?! AND A WOMAN NO LESS!"

Narcissa was shaking like a chihuahua, tears falling freely down her face.

"Please leave." She choked, her eyes clenched shut.

"No Narcissa. YOU ARE A BLOOD TRAITOR, A FUCK UP. AND A FAILURE! I RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THIS! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO OUR FAMILY?!"

I was on my feet now, instinctively standing in front of my Cissa dove trying to shield her from her mums hateful words.