Narcissa VS Mormon Missionaries

A/N: DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against anyone in the LDS faith, I mean no offense to anyone who is a member of the LDS faith. This is just meant to be a funny and relatable one shot about Narcissa meeting mormon missionaries. If you don't want to read this chapter I totally understand and will be posting more this week. Love you guys!
-E

3rd Person POV

It was late a Sunday afternoon, Eda had just gotten home from a two day work trip. She had gone to Italy to visit the Alchemist archives, hoping to get new material to make her seventh year students final exam projects more manageable and the trip did not disappoint. However, she was exhausted and ready to have some much needed alone time with her wife. But Narcissa was not home when she got back. No big deal, Narcissa often went out on Sundays. She'll be back soon. Eda decided to pop on a movie and start making dinner, happily accepting company from Demetria. About thirty minutes into her meal prep, Narcissa entered through the door looking drained and confused.

"Hello my love! I missed you!" Eda called excitedly, making her way over and wrapping the woman in a tight embrace.

Narcissa returned the gesture, though still a bit out of it.

Eda noticed and pulled back, worriedly gripping the woman's arms.

"Are you alright?"

"I think I might've possibly made a miscalculation..." She murmured.

"What did you do?" Eda asked, her concern growing. "Did you take one of my edibles?"

Narcissa shook her head.

"No I think I accidentally joined the mormon church..."

Eda stood there in silence for a moment before busting out laughing.

"Thats a good one Cissy! You really had me for a second! Good Godrick!" Eda had nearly doubled over, wiping tears of laughter from her eyes.

"I'm serious darling. These kind young muggle men came to the door and asked if they could tell me about the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and handed me a book. I... well I felt bad for them and didn't want to be rude so I let them in and they spent hours telling me about some guy named Joseph Smith and how he talked to some angel Moroni and there was gold plates and... well they kept coming so I told them I'd go to their church service..."

Eda had stopped laughing and suddenly looked serious.

"Cissy... Cissy please tell me you didn't." Eda begged.

"What was I supposed to do? They looked like little kids on Christmas Eda! I didn't wanna crush their spirits!" Narcissa protested. "Don't worry too much, I disguised myself. If they come back they won't recognize me."

"Right... but you didn't join. You'd have to be baptized for that..."

"Baptized?"

"Yeah baptized. A baptism is when you convert to a christian type of religion. They take you into a pool of "holy water" and dunk you under the water. It symbolizes being reborn as a child of God. They didn't do that to you did they?"

"No. But all of the Mormons were very kind and lovely people." She said.

"Yeah they nearly got me with that when I was a teenager. They have great family values. Its nice to see when you come from a broken home. But trust me Cissy, religion as a whole is complicated and Mormonism is one you don't need to get involved in... they don't like same sex couples."

"Yeah I gathered that. I mean I read the book they gave me."

Eda froze, jaw dropped in amazement.

"You... YOU READ THE ENTIRE BOOK OF MORMON?!"

"Twice actually."

"TWICE?! I LOVE READING AND I COULDN'T EVEN FINISH THE FIRST NEPHI!"

"Yes darling. Twice."

"Cissy, let me get this straight. I left you alone for two days. TWO DAYS! And you met with the Mormon missionaries, read the book of Mormon twice, and went to their church?"

"Yes that is correct." She confirmed.

Eda couldn't help it and burst out laughing again.

"Oh Cissy that is hilarious! Oh you poor thing! You're too polite for your own good."

"Yeah yeah have your laugh. I've still read the entire Book of Mormon and you haven't."

Eda brought her back into a warm embrace and kissed her soundly.

"I won't lose sleep over it. Next time they visit, just hide and don't answer the door."

Narcissa nodded and helped Eda finish dinner and after their meal she made Narcissa watch the Book of Mormon musical Tony awards performance.

"Thats exactly how it happened!!" Narcissa whined. "You can't blame me! They were so nice!"

Later when they were in bed, Eda everyone's ringtone in Narcissa's phone to the opening song from the book of mormon musical. She was never going to live this down.