Repeating The 10th Grade Next School Year

Birchwood Township, New Jersey

Sharon was at a parent teacher meeting, with her teacher, Mr. Jackson, and her parents. The environment was rather somber, as her parents gazed at her with stern looks. She smiled sheepishly, thinking the whole situation was amusing. Then, Mr. Jackson cleared his throat, as he began to speak.

"As you are aware, Sharon's grades have been plummeting lately. She shows very little interest in her work, and doesn't turn in her homework."

"Unbelievable!" said Sharon's mother.

"Much as I hate to say it, continued Mr. Jackson, "your daughter will have to repeat the 10th grade for the 2023-2024 academic school year."

"What?!" bellowed Sharon. "That's bullcrap!"

"Well, maybe if you spent a lot of time studying for your quizzes, this wouldn't have happened!" snapped Sharon's father.

"I'm supposed to graduate in 2025!" protested Sharon, her eyes starting to water. "This isn't fair!"

"Let that be a lesson to you," said Mr. Jackson, merciless.

Sharon bursted into tears, after this sudden revelation. She wished she would go back in time, and fix things. But, she couldn't.

It was just the way it was.

This story was written on Monday, May 15th, 2023.

A/N Sharon has to repeat the 10th grade, during the 2023-2024 school year! Unbelievable! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.