Daycare

Sam started to calm down a bit in Maggie's arms as she rubbed his back to reassuring him everything was going to be okay. That comfort lasted only a few more moments before shock set in when he realized where they had just entered. The walls were bright yellow an adorn with childish paintings and handprints from all the babies and toddlers who were currently there and ones that have grown up and moved on. He hadn't needed to go to Daycare in years. The last time was when he was 8 and it was for 1 day when there was no one who could watch him. They just let him watch a movie in the back and didn't make him play with the babies because they knew he was a big boy. He wondered why it was, so hard for these adults to see that now sense he is twice the age sense the last time he went to daycare. Then it clicked that he was doing well potty wise for a while and was in actual "Grown Up" underwear at the time. He hung his head a bit thinking back on that time and realizing the position he is in now. He was embarrassed because he actually felt bigger and more confident back then, rather than in his current age. 

Maggie sat Sam down as he continued to survey the room. There were colorful rugs with toys strewn about, cubbies to put shoes and bags, then off on the back wall he saw 2 changing tables with stacks of every different baby/toddler diaper, pullups and supplies, for any boy or girl big or small. The last thing he noticed was a little bathroom with toddler sized potties obviously for the bigger kids who had started potty training. That is when same came to grips with himself and thought "Ok I am a big kid, no I'm a teenager for Christ sakes. I need to pull myself together and show them that I'm a big kid." Ill act like a big kid follow the rules, make it to the potty on time and by myself. Whatever it takes even if I have to take the baby treatment from them for awhile I will show them. Just as he was having his big inner monologue about how he will show them it was all a big misunderstanding. Maggie made him jump a little by bending down and tapping him on the shoulder asking him if he needed to Potty. Sam blushed an extreme shade of red and shook his head no, but to his horror, with all that had been going on this morning and the stress and traveling he then felt the sensation that he was now to familiar with. the soft, squishy wet padding of his pull-ups. He was praying that she wouldn't check and would just come back later, but the look on his face told her all she needed to know. Before he knew it she told him "lets have a quick check just in case." She undid the buttons on his overall's right there in front of everyone in the room. He felt a little better that it was mostly 2-4 year olds who have this happen to them multiple times a day as well as a few seasoned Daycare workers, who didn't give it a second thought. Because there he was for the second time today standing in front of a stranger/authority figure in nothing but a pair of wet toddler potty training pants. Sam wanted to cry and almost did when he remembered his plan and was desperately trying to not look the complete part of what the thought he was. Maggie didn't even have to look, but confirmed him being wet by the faded learning designs in the front of his pull-ups. Maggie cooed and told Sam who was now looking down at the floor in defeat, not to worry accidents happen sweety that's why little ones wear them for "Just in case." she told him trying to cheer him up, but secretly thinking how cute he was being, so shy and bashful over having wet his Pull-Ups. 

She grabbed his hand and led him toward the changing table. Sam had reservations about agent Brown changing him in his room, but to have this young pretty girl change him like a baby Infront of a room full of toddlers, who he was trying his best not to be one of. That is when the moment of surrender happened and Sam decided to just fight the big kid battle another day when he just wasn't, so tired and had some more time to prove himself. He thought of the plus sides of the situation and thought it would be better to go along with everything and be loved and cared for rather than fight it and that would defiantly not help his case, so with a sigh let Ms. Maggie pick him up and lay him on the changing table. She tore the sides of his wet pull-up and slid it out from under him. She then wiped him down and powdered him which made him blush. then when she reached under the table for what Sam was expecting to be another pull-up, she came back out with a Pampers Cruisers size 7 diaper. Sam was going to say something when she spoke up and told him not to worry. He will get his big boy pull-ups back, but right now its "nap time!" She said with the same cheeriness you would be trying to convince a toddler or young child that something they don't like is actually a good thing. Out of nowhere Sam did something that didn't help his case one bit. Before he knew what was coming out of his mouth all he said loudly to Ms. Maggie was "NO NAP!" Maggie used to this situation told him that he has had a long day and not only needed a nap, but it was the rules. Sam again without thinking like his mind was already slipping to one of a toddler yelled out "NO PAMPER!" Maggie seeing where this was going made him a deal which Sam was in disbelief that was actually negotiating something, so juvenile listened to her proposal. She told him that if he was a good boy and layed down to take a nap without a fuss then she would let him wear his big boy pull-ups to sleep, but if he woke up wet or they leaked, then she was going to put him in his Pampers from then on because the pull-ups were only meant for little accidents during the day. The Pampers were able to handle more especially at night. Sam thought about her proposal and said he wont wet the bed that he was big kid enough. She skeptically said ok not believing him at all, but decided to give him a chance. She put the Pamper back, grabbed a Pull-Up tore the sides, lifted his legs up and slid it under him like a diaper which slightly annoyed Sam, refastened the sides. Picked him up and put him on a sleeping mat on the floor covering him with a blanket. Sam didn't realize how tired he was because within a few seconds he was off sound asleep.