The Beginning of the End

Sam woke up around 7:30am Saturday morning. Even though it was summer he was always an early riser. He shifted a little in his bed stretching when he recognized an all too familiar felling coming from under his PJ's, the feeling of his wet Pull-Up. He sighed and felt ashamed that at 14 he was still not dry at night. No one thought anything of it though, maybe it was because "I looked so young for my age?" He didn't know. He wanted to feel like he was growing up like the rest of his peers, but it was always hard to feel that way when he was staring down at the buzz lightyear potty training Pull-Ups meant for toddlers and the designs on them have all but faded. He went to the bathroom tore off the sides of the pullups and through it in the bin, then took a shower. 

His dad was working from home that day, which excited Sam because he thought that maybe he would get to spend some time with his dad he so rarely gets to have. He likes his Nannys and babysitters don't get him wrong, but he feels like he is way too old to need a babysitter that he can look after himself just fine. 

Sam went into his dad's office finding him franticly sifting through files and documents looking terrible, like he had not slept in days. Sam asked his dad if they could go to the park or see a movie or do something fun just the two of them. Tom frazzled and short tempered told Sam that it was not a good time and to go play in his room that he can't be with him today. Sam upsettingly said OK and walked out of his office and back up to his room. He had never seen his dad look like that before he was always in a good mood and well kept, but something was up and he wanted to find out. Thats when he pulled out his new pocket-sized stealth drone, he had got for his birthday. Thats when the doorbell rang.