09 || An unexpected visit

Start from the beginning

Blaine's POV:

"Oh, right." I say trying to cover for him. He could've given me a heads up that he was going today.

"So where is he?" Mariana asks slowly, not believing him either.

"He's cheating on you." I say seriously, no amusement in my tone. We both know she's not dumb enough to fall for that one I'm just buying time to come up with a better excuse.

I'm normally good with lying on the spot; I work best under pressure. But when one of the only people you class as a friend, a cousin that's more like a brother and the only family member you care about, wants you to cover for him while he gets a ring to propose to the only girl he's ever had eyes for, it's a different kind of pressure.

"Jackson?" She says disbelievingly. "We are talking about the same Jackson, right? Cause there's absolutely no way....which means you're trying to cover something up. Out with it, where is he?" She says with not even a single doubt in her mind, loyal and smart.

"Come with me." I say pulling her down the hall and away from Cassandra.

"What?" She says when we stop walking.

"Listen he didn't want me to tell you this because he's embarrassed but he's having problems down..." I trail off looking down.

She gasps.

It's a load of shit, of course but it's a mess for Jackson to solve, it's not my problem any more. I've done my part.

After her many questions, mainly consisting of asking if he's ok, she walks back the way she came probably going to see Cassandra.

I pull out my phone and send Jackson a text, a heads up which is a luxury that I didn't receive.

Me: Your girlfriend's at my house
and she knows your not here.

Jackson: Rhi is at your house?

Jackson: Oh shit.

Jackson: She knew I was hiding something and now she's probably worked it out, what the fuck do I do?

Me: She still doesn't know, I covered for you.

Jackson: and you couldn't have started with that?

Jackson: I'm getting strange looks in the ring store because I was freaking out.

♡♡♡

Cassie's POV:

Cassie's POV:

"Cassie." I hear Mariana's voice from behind me. She walks and sits on the opposite sofa.