Vēṭkai (Part -2) - Aditha Karikalan x Nandhini

Third Person POV

'Children, please stop running' a soft voice said to the hyperactive kids making their parents reach old age very quickly.

'Arun! Kundavai! listen to your mother!' a strong voice shouted at his beloved kids who froze in their spot and giggled at their father's antics to make them obey. But it worked, as they ran towards their heavily pregnant mother and hugged her belly.

'You should be resting' said the man and smiled softly at his wife with so much love.

'Well, of course, I should be as you are the one who made me heavily pregnant for the third time' She said with a smirk. and the kids again started to play with each other.

'Well you were not complaining when I made you pregnant' He whispered to her which resulted in him being whacked at his chest for being profound in front of their children.

They both laughed and she laid her head against his chest. As she traced patterns at the top of his shirt she stared at the place where there is a huge scar that sits on top of his left chest area, which is visible and can be peeked through the shirt.

Memories rushed towards her and she still remembered the day it happen just like yesterday.

Nandhini POV

A huge gasp left my mouth and my eyes opened up only to be blinded by lights. All the events that had happened flashed through my mind and I abruptly get up to see where I am.

'Shh! Take it easy. Don't get up too fast' A voice said while holding me. I am not sure what they are saying but my trembling self said to be calm. But my mind went into a frenzy again thinking of ilavarasar Karikalan, and he is nowhere to be seen.

'கரிகாலரே! எங்கே இருக்குறீர்கள்?'(Karikalar! Where are you)My voice started to get louder as I whipped my head right and left, the more I search the more scarier I got. This place is weird and filled with things I can't understand.

'Karikalan? Is the one who was with you?' An elderly woman in front of me asked, she looks divine and had this sense of calmness towards her. But I still can't understand what is she saying. Am I a different kingdom? That couldn't be possible cause the last thing I remember being fallen off the cliff and holding on to my love. How am I even alive? But I can hear her saying Karikalan's name so she might have known him so I nodded my head hoping I got what she asked me right.

'You can understand me, right? ok let me try in Tamizh, Unga per enna?' Her words made me tilt my head, I can partially understand the last bit she spoke. Was it Tamizh? but not exactly the same. But I can get from that that she is asking my name.

I pointed at me and said 'எந்தன் பெயர் நந்தினி ஆகும் ' (My name is Nandhin)I said hoping she got it and she did. So I wanted to ask her about Karikalar.

'கரிகாலர் எங்கே? அவரை நான் காணவேண்டும்'(Where is Karikalar? I want to see him) At this moment I am desperate to know whether he is safe or not. But the look on the face of the woman before me changed. As she tried to comprehend what I told her.

'shhh, shh, ok ok,' She said and tried to action me to calm down, and I suddenly felt a stinging pain in my stomach only to check that the wound is stitched up, it was killing me. Before I ask again I saw an elderly man walking inside, who looks muscular and tall. He doesn't look like a person from Chola Desam, definitely, we are in some other kingdom. But it's a good thing if so, as here we at least have some time before anyone knows who we are.