He grabbed his phone and opened the camera, bringing it up to see his hair, "You not even halfway done. Let me stand up fa a minute."

"I'm just getting into a groove. We can take a break in fifteen minutes." She dropped the comb into her lap and began twisting a loc with her hand.

"Jaidyn!" Ja called out, he hadn't heard her in almost an hour, he wondered why she had gotten so quiet.

The door to Kaari's bedroom swung open and the two adults heard her small feet hitting the floor as she ran down the hallway, "Yes Jamel?" She walked over to stand in front of him.

"Why you get so quiet? Whatchu doin'?" He looked at the costume dress she had on, this morning she was Tiana, now she was Ariel.

She fixed her dress, "bout' to turn into a mermaid and go swimming." She told him while reaching up to fix her crooked tiara.

"In the bathtub?" He asked, helping her fix the plastic toy on her head. "Cause you know you not supposed to be in the bathroom alone."

"But mermaids swim alone." She took a step back and looked at Sunjai, "Right?"

Sunjai took a second before nodding, "Yeah, I think you're right."

"Thank you." Kaari smiled before running off again, closing her bedroom door once she was back in there.

"If she drown enjoy that murder charge." Ja mumbled, looking down at his phone, he was currently texting KK about her coming over to see Kaari.

Sunjai read the messages as they texted, she twisted and read at the same time, getting lost in the messages as she worked on another loc. Before she could look away Ja turned off his phone and she saw her reflection in the screen, "You nosey as fuck." He laughed, tossing his phone down.

"Whatever. Imma own it." She clipped a loc before moving onto the next with her comb, "You got a bunch of these things, my hands are tired."

"Dallas never complains about having to do my hair." He licked his lips as he held in a laugh.

She mugged the back of his head, "Maybe I should text August and let him know I do hair now. And he got lots of it to do. . ."

Ja turned around and looked her in her eyes, "Don't even play like that."

"Why are you so intimidated by that man?" She tapped his nose with the comb, "He's not my type anyway."

He stood up, stretching, "Good. He's irra." He walked around the living room, his butt was hurting from sitting down on the floor for so long.

"Or is he just better than you?" She wiped her hands on a towel.

"You don't know ball so imma ignore you." He grabbed his phone off the floor and walked away.

Sunjai stood up and followed after him, "Can I go to Houston with you?"

Ja turned to face her, "You know I'm going to play, right? You don't want to sit there and watch that."

She put her hands on her hips and shrugged, "Maybe I do." She really just wanted to keep him from seeing other girls, especially Dallas. Infiniti and her did stalking one night and found out that his loc girl in Houston was a girl named Dallas. She found out that August and Dallas were dating and also that she was very pretty, which intimidated Sunjai.

"Imma pay for a ticket for you to sit there on yo' phone." He opened the fridge and grabbed a box of pizza, he opened the box and pulled out two slices to heat up.

"No I'm not. I understand it now." She insisted, "Plus a rivalry game is always good."

Ja put his pizza on a plate and into the microwave, "I don't believe you, do you even know what a free throw is?" He joked, leaning on the counter. He was going to buy her the ticket, he just wanted to tease her a little first.