Chapter 1: Dear Granddaughter,

(F/n) = First Name

(Fm/Nm) = Farm Name

Warnings Before Continuing!

« Mild Suggestive Content, Blood, and Language »

Enjoy~!

"It's okay, (F/n), it's okay..." Your grandfather using his last bit of strength to comfort you as you crumble before his eyes. He strokes your head as you cry beside him, your face buried in the sheets. Tears soaked the material, and your eyes were puffy and red from the glow of the fireplace. 

You sniffle and wipe away your tears with your sleeve, unable to stop crying. 

"For my very special granddaughter..." Gently, he passes an item to you using his left hand. It's a pristine white envelope with a purple wax seal to protect the contents. 

You receive it and feel naturally inclined to open it without thinking. 

He made you come to a halt. "Have patience." The old man gulped down a lump in his throat, his body signaling him it was nearly time to depart. "Now, listen closely..." 

You straighten up and look at him attentively. 

He looks at you warmly with a small smile. "There will come a day when you feel crushed by the burden of modern life... and your bright spirit will fade before a growing emptiness..." He pauses, taking a breath to recollect his thoughts and words. "When that happens, my dear, you'll be ready for this gift." He takes hold of your free hand and squeezes it. "Now, let grandpa rest..." He says, his grip loosening. Closing his eyes slowly, never to open them again...

XX Years Later

Joja.
Join us.
Thrive.

The haunting words printed on the dull, lifeless wall ahead of the working cubicles caused torment for the employees of the soul-sucking corporate business. To add insult to injury, watchdogs were stationed on each side, silently asserting their superiority over those below. The green light indicating work time strained tired eyes whenever one dared to glance up from their work area. Despite knowing what awaited, the habit persisted. 

To make matters worse, there was a lackluster slogan to the left.

Smile.

You're with Joja.

Pathetic.

Everyone worked aimlessly to get their job done, but it was rather hopeless as no matter what, when, or how you finished the work they gave you, there was always something they'd provide you, making work endlessly until it was your break time or it was time to go home. Only to stay awake a few hours until you had to go to sleep to get what little strength you could muster up in the morning, only to do it all again in an endless cycle of torment.

Seated in your chair, you gaze upon the glowing computer screen before you. You realize with relief that you are almost finished with your task. Yet, completing it quickly only adds to your mounting anxiety, for you know too well that your workload will only increase. 

With a heavy sigh, your eyes drift towards the top drawer on your right, beckoning you to open it. As you do, you find yourself staring at a familiar envelope your late grandfather gave you on the night he passed away. You gently reach out and touch the top of the envelope, feeling the soft, delicate texture beneath your fingertips. Initials "P.T." are elegantly engraved on a purple wax seal, exuding a sense of regality and prestige. Without hesitation, you pick up the envelope and carefully open it, taking great care not to damage the seal or the envelope itself. 

As you read the words written by your beloved family member, you can feel your heartstrings being tugged, comprehending that your life is about to change forever.

'𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 (𝓕/𝓷),

𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼, 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓪 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓮, 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓰𝓸. 𝓘'𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮... 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮. 𝓢𝓸 𝓘 𝓭𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓭 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓘 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰.

𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮... 𝓶𝔂 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓳𝓸𝔂: (𝓕𝓶/𝓷𝓶) 𝓕𝓪𝓻𝓶. 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓮𝔀 𝓥𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝔂, 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓷 𝓬𝓸𝓪𝓼𝓽. 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮.

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓰𝓲𝓯𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓵𝓵, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼. 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮, 𝓶𝔂 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓻.

𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓵𝓾𝓬𝓴.

𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮, 𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓹𝓪.

𝓟.𝓢 

𝓘𝓯 𝓛𝓮𝔀𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮, 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝓱𝓲 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓰𝓾𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝓮, 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝔂𝓪?'

You quicklyly absorb each word, and a profound sense of relief washes over you. Tears of gratefulness well up in your eyes as you realize that a simple note and gesture have lifted the world's weight from your shoulders. As the workday ends, you gather your belongings and bid farewell to the company that has drained you for far too long. Upon arriving home, you compose a resignation letter, vowing never to return to Joja or the entire city again. 

With a clear plan for your future ahead of you, you bask in the feeling of contentment that comes with taking control of your destiny.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

You pack your belongings and take one last look at your cramped apartment; memories of your past flood your mind. You bid farewell to the life you once knew, ready for a fresh start in a place your grandfather spoke so fondly of. 

After an early start, you board the first bus of the day, eager to leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind. Settling into a seat at the back of the bus, you gaze out the window, watching as the concrete jungle fades into the distance. The scenery outside transforms from tall buildings to rolling hills and grazing animals. Excitement builds inside you as you realize that a new life is about to begin. 

Time passes quickly, and before you know it, you spot a sign with bold white letters that reads:

Stardew Valley
0.5 mi

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')