𝐱𝐥𝐢. eleanor

Start from the beginning

“He’s coming into Wilmington tonight at 8:00. It’s being shipped by train to Raleigh from there but this is our chance to get it back.”

“Did you get any other information?” Pope asked, Kie leaned forward in her seat, looking down at a piece of white paper with something written in pen on it.

“Sarah got the cargo number.”

“Okay, well that’s a start.”

“I mean, they’re definitely fencing that shit off as we speak so we should probably get a move on.” JJ chimed in, his eyes fixated on the paper Kie held.

“Sarah, have you heard from John B?” 

“No, I mean they’re probably off somewhere with their dad. But the problem is, they have the Twinkie.” 

“Our Transportation.” Pope leaned his head back against the pillar, just about out of ideas. “Red, can you drive us?”

Red scoffed playfully, looking back at her two-door car. “In that? Hell no. We can’t even fit all of us in there, especially not carrying a golden cross. And If I steal one more vehicle from my dad, He’ll crucify me.”

“I could ask Heyward for the truck.”

“Uh… what? Yeah, that’s gonna go well.”

“I know, JJ. But we have no other options.” Pope responded.

“Wait, wait, wait.” Red stopped, everything she’d been informed about clicking in her mind. “You're going to get the cross tonight? Like tonight, tonight?”

“Yeah, she said he’s coming in at 8:00,” Bennie replied, suddenly confused by Red’s antics.

“8:00? Like… p.m?”

“Yes?”

“No, That doesn’t work tonight,” Red stressed, laying her head in her hands. “I have to go to some stupid welcome-home party my dad planned.”

“So what, just don’t go.” JJ compromised. Red wished it was that easy.

“I can’t blow him off tonight, okay? He deserves this, I owe him this.”

“Well, there’s not gonna be another chance that we can go get this thing.” Kie reasoned. “It’s not or never guys, we’re gonna have to do it without her.”

“No. No way. Red’s a pogue, she’s one of us. She’s going.” JJ refused. “Don’t you think we’ve been split up enough?”

“Jay-j, it’s not that big of a deal.”

“Yes, it is that big of a deal, Kiara.”

“How? How is it a big deal?”

“We’re not doing it without her! I’m not doing it without her.”

“Fine! Then don’t, bro!”

“Guys, Kie’s right,” Red spoke up, interrupting the argument JJ and Kie were having. “You have to do it without me. I gotta get out of here by 3:00 anyway, and you’ll be fine!”