Chapter 15 Gavin

Sex had never been this good, never felt so good. I have of coursed bedded other women, either at court or here at Wallace Castle. But other women were nothing compared to Davina, compared to Davina's body. Davina had become a vixen in the time we have been married, she took me from like I took from her. We had spent the week after our wedding day locked away in our chambers. Getting to know one another both physically and emotionally. We were making plans for our future. For the children we would have together in the future. I watched Davina become more comfortable with her body, and herself. Becoming less afraid of her brother finding her. Though that fear was still very much there living underneath the surface. She was becoming the woman I knew she was. A confident and kind woman, the woman she was before her assault. Someone who was always meant to be a lady of a house. A lady of a Clan. The lady of my Clan. After a week in our chambers, I woke up to an empty space in the bed beside me. I sat up and found Davina staring out the window, my plaid wrapped around her beautiful naked body. Her expression was pained, and her eyes glistened with unshed tears. What had happened? I knew that something was wrong. I stood up, and stretched. I was completely naked, we did not need clothing. As we spent much of our time together in bed. Before walking over to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her to my chest. She visibly relaxed and leaned against me. My hands caressing her waist. I kissed her hair gently, wanting her to feel comforted by my closness.

“What is wrong milsean? Why do ye look so sad,” I whispered gently. I could feel her trembling in my arms. And I knew it was not from the cold. “Hush my love, hush. Ye are safe here. Safe in Wallace land. And safe here in my arms. No one will ever harm ye again,” I whispered. Nuzzling her hair. I just felt her shake her head. She did not believe the words I was saying. But she had too, she had to believe that I would do everything in my power to protect her and my Clan from any enemy that comes our way.

“I cannot bear this anymore Gavin,” she whispered hoarsely. I felt my heart constrict. What did she mean by this? Does she regret marrying me? Did I push her too far in our love making? I felt anxiety flare up inside my mind and chest.

“Bear what Davina, what has ye so troubled my darling wife,” I asked. She turned in my arms to meet my gaze. She had tears in her eyes. This one lone tear escaped. I caught it on her cheek with my finger. Brushing it away.

“I will be the death of you Gavin. I know it, now that we are married. He will kill you and then he will kill me. I had a horrible nightmare last night. I watched in horror as Theo will you, make me watch as he slits your throat. Then he kills me,” she sobbed. I felt my heart break at her words. Her brother even miles away was controlling her through fear. I pulled her a little bit closer and led her back to the bed. I laid us down and pulled her into arms as she sobbed. What could I do to make her feel better? To prove to her that her brother was never to going to touch her again.

“It is nothing but a nightmare Davina. Nothing will happen to me, nor will it happen to ye,” I whispered. She hiccuped and looked up at me. Though her eyes were red from sobbing, they were still so beautiful. I could see the fear shining in her eyes.

“How do you know this Gavin, how can you be sure that he will not find me. Now that Arthur knows I am alive. I am sure that he has gone to Theodore already. Told him that I am alive,” she said. I cupped her cheek. 

“Because we Highlanders are a strong and stubborn bunch. When it comes to our women and our family we do not back down. I will kill this evil son of bitch that has done this to ye. He will never touch ye again,” I said. She gave out a small laugh, but she snuggled a little closer to me. I felt her breathing become steady as she fell back asleep, her sobbing and nightmares had taken a toll on her. My wife was not going anywhere, I made a vow to protect her to honor her. I would protect her with my body if I had too, but I knew in my heart it would not come to that. For Theodore did know me, did not know my family. Did not know how far we would go to protect the ones we loved.