Chapter 1: Missing Something

:Artemis's POV:
———————
I wake up to the sound of our dorm door opening and closing. I squint my eyes and then rub them a little bit to wake myself up a little more. I grab my phone, that's right next to me on my bed.
'Must've fallen asleep trying to look for design Inspirations.' I thought to myself as I got blinded by my phone screen. I close my eyes tightly and try to turn the brightness on my phone down. Since I was finally able to see, I checked the time. It's kind of late, but not really. I turn off my phone, and I sit up. I want to investigate who possibly left or entered. This isn't the first time I've woken up to the door opening and closing, it happened a few times at the start of the semester. I've always just assumed that Shino goes on late night walks, but ever since I caught him coming home hurt, I don't think that's the case anymore, and it makes me nervous just thinking about it.
I stand up and start to walk to my bedroom door. I open it, and I'm met with a staircase to the right of me. I walk down the stairs to see the kitchen, the dining table, and the little living room. I walk over to the kitchen tiredly to get myself water. I then start to feel like something is off, and I go over to the door. I slowly open it and look to the left. I see Shino walking, almost speed walking.
'I have a bad feeling...' I thought to myself. I quickly got back inside to get myself ready. I was going to follow Shino. But I'm not following him because I'm jealous! I just have a bad feeling hes going to get hurt...
I get into my hero outfit, and then I get into my hero form, Umbra. It'll definitely be easier for me to follow him without being noticed if I could use my quirk and hide in the shadows. Soon, I started to leave the dorm. I took a quick check behind me to see if anyone was witnessing me sneaking out. Surely enough, no one was there, and I took my leave silently.

It takes me a minute to catch up with Shino. But when I get to a certain range, I turn into his shadow and start to follow him that way.
Shino is now beginning to jog a little as we reach a little path. I feel like we might be getting to a certain area. Soon enough, I see a building. It looks like a facility, I think, but I wasn't able to get a good look.
We walked over to a little group of people, it was Jack, Blake and Yuki. Which surprised me and made me worry even more about what was happening. See, I had a bad feeling, but I definitely wasn't thinking this.
They all start whispering to each other, and then they start to split off into different entrances.
'What is even happening..?' I question in my head. I keep following Shino though as his shadow, regardless if I know what is going on or not.
Shino walks around a little frantically trying to find something. We get to a door and he tries to open it but it won't budge. So he uses his quirk to get through. He creates some sort of light hole in the ground and he slowly goes through. I successfully follow him through without being seen.
When we get up from the light hole, we see Kol standing in the middle of the room.
'Why is Kol here?'
"Kol, stop what you're doing." Shino says with a stern voice.
"Shino, took your time." Kol said like he knew Shino was coming here.
"You knew I was coming.."
"Colin"
"Of course..."
They continue to go back and forth for a little bit. Eventually they end up fighting. Shino had tried to talk him out of it, but I guess it wasn't enough. I still have no idea what is happening, but I'm glad I came, I had a really bad feeling. But I feel like things are about to escalate. And oh, do they escalate.
Shino and Kol stop fighting for a moment as there's a very prominent ticking in the background.
"What is that?" Shino asks with a beat up face.
"I guess time's up. The bombs are ticking."
"Then we need to disarm them! Right now!" Shino says with urgency in his voice.
'Bombs?!' I thought to myself. 'No, no no no..'
"No, this is happening. And you won't be stopping it." Kol says in a sinister tone. He's going to blow up the place.
"Try and stop me."
"I'll do whatever it takes." Kol says as he controls Shino's limbs so he isn't able to move.
"Kol? What are you doing?..." Shino starts to sound panicked.
"I'm not going to let you stop these bombs, Shino."
"Kol! If you don't stop, this blast is gonna take us both down!" Shino attempts to struggle out of the position he's in. He starts to panic not knowing what to do.
'I can't sit by and watch this happen..'
I move myself over to a shadowed corner and reform into a physical form instead of Shino's shadow. Shino looks at me with fear, and Kol looks at me surprised. I start running as I trail shadows behind me, forming a shield around the both of them. I feel like I'm missing something. The blast goes off, and I realize what I was missing.
—————————————————————
Word count: 941