22 | The Real Deal

Börja om från början

Taehyung believed that it was love. It hurt so bad because it was indeed love, but love unrequited. At first, he thought that maybe Jungkook reciprocated his feelings but was so closed off, he either didn't know it or didn't want to acknowledge it.

He never thought the relationship was one-sided. They both adored each other's company. Jungkook had changed because of his relationship with him. His walls were coming down. He started to trust him. He thought they were doing fine, until that night, of course.

Kook had gone and gotten a new personal, Reed. Tae hated the guy already. He seemed a little introverted and Taehyung knew that Jungkook was going to hate that. He laughed at the idea of him treating Reed like he did Eunwoo. Taehyung wanted him to be happy. But, it was going to be hard to see him being happy with someone else.

Maybe Yoongi was right in the beginning. He had warned Taehyung about being in limerence. Had he grown to be obsessed with Jungkook out of infatuation? Maybe so. But he welcomed the crazies when it came to him. Kook was like a drug that he had to quit cold turkey. He could see himself at a public meeting saying "Hi. I'm Taehyung and I am a Jungkook addict." If there was a place he could go to get help for this infatuation, he would. Or would he?

He missed him horribly. He wondered if Jungkook missed him at all.

The truth was, he actually did. Jungkook was in misery trying hard not to think about Tae, daydream about him, or see him in his dreams while he slept. He thought he would've forgotten him by now, having packed him in his 'fuck-off suitcase' and thrown the suitcase over an emotional cliff. That's what he always did with unwanted feelings, memories, incidents, and relationships.

Jungkook seemed to keep unpacking the mental suitcase he had Taehyung and all his shit in. He constantly saw him in everything. When he ordered food, he remembered seeing him for the first time as he was a door dasher before becoming his personal. When he went home, he would reminisce about all the sex they had in all of the rooms. At work, he rehearsed all the conversations they had as they frequently had lunch together. Even his favorite bar, VERS, was tainted with the memory of Kim fucking Taehyung.

This open baggage left him distraught. Especially, coupled with the fact that Taehyung was now openly dating Jennie. And that little girl loved to post on her socials every single little thing they did together. Like, they are the first motherfuckers on earth who took a walk or ate a sandwich in Central Park? Big whoop. He knew Jennie's type and knew that she was just trying to lock Taehyung down. But, why would Jungkook care?

That's just it. He shouldn't. But he was irritated by the two models being together. Jungkook was acting like a petulant toddler who didn't like to share his toys. It was as if Taehyung was his personal boy toy first. But, then he discarded the toy to get out to find something else to play with. But when Jungkook saw someone else playing with Taehyung, he saw just how shiny the original toy was and now wished he could still play with it. Jungkook didn't like that Jennie was enjoying the guy that he could never admit he had feelings for.

Taehyung had moved on and so would he. They were over.

Chris and Simon's wedding day arrived. It was held in the evening at a fancy rooftop. The colors for the wedding were white, silver, and black. But guests were asked to wear black. The whole theme of an evening wedding with everyone in black was lost on Taehyung. The grooms explained that they were to wear white in order to demonstrate how the two found love in darkness and now they were each other's light. Jennie thought it was brilliant.

Taehyung wore a black suit with a black button-down and a scarf. Jennie wore a black dress. Everyone thought they looked stunning together. She had someone take a picture of them and she posted it on her Instagram. The caption read "Celebrating love." She neglected to add that it was the love of the two people who got married, insinuating that she and Taehyung were sharing their mutual love. Or, this was how Jimin took it.