Chapter 12

You were grateful Killer had saved you a trip to the grocery store. He had even got a variety of chips, sweets, and drinks. He was a true blessing.

As you were admiring your pantry and debating what to snack on, you received a text message on your phone.

Pineapple 🍍
Hey, what are you up to?

Y/n😍🥰😘❤️
I didn't particularly have plans today..

Pineapple 🍍
Perfect! Wanna go to Dutch Bros?

Y/n😍🥰😘❤️
So let's go!

Grabbing your keys and checking yourself in the mirror you went out to meet the Pineapple Blond.

In order to get there you had to pass the small alleyway. You hated that place. So many bass things have happened there. But it was broad daylight. The sun was scorching today. There's no way some thing else would happen... right?

Wrong!

You needed a new place.

A flash a fiery red whipped around you in a wild frenzy.

The man grabbed you by the shoulders and spun you around. You were dizzy from the strong force.

Looking up it was the scariest man you had ever seen. Fire red hair spiked behind thick goggles. Deep piercing stone cold eyes, red painted lips, and a jagged scar running down his face and into the collar of his shirt. He had dark bags under his eyes implying he hadn't slept at all in the past 24 hours.

"What are you-" he cut you off.

"Where is he?" He shouted angrily.

"Who?" You were confused. Was he looking for this person all night?

"A guy with long blond hair! Have you seen him! You better not lie to me!" He seethed. He had a temper.

A guy with long blond hair?

Killer!?!?

What if this was the guy who injured him and giving away his whereabouts would put Killer in grave danger! But it's not like you actually knew where he was.

"I don't know!" You yelped with fear. This guy had definitely succeeded in intimidating the life out of you.

"Let her go." A voice sounded beside you.

You knew that voice. Tears threatened to spill from your widened eyes.

"This isn't your problem Phoenix." The red man spat.

"This isn't your territory." Marco said with just as much ferocity.

"Tsk. Waste of my time." His voice laced with venom. He let go of you and walked off.

You looked up at Marco, tears brimming your eyes and relief glossing your face. You didn't even know you were shaking until you tried to move but had a hard time doing so. Your heart was pounding and you couldn't even think straight.

He rushed over to you and gave you a strong embrace. Your face buried in his chest. He smelled like freshly cut pineapples.

"Shhh. It's okay, I got you now." He whispered comforting words into your hair.

"I'm okay now." You told him. You blinked away your tears.

He thought you looked adorable trying to stay strong.

He smiled a big reassuring grin.

"Let's get Dutch!" He exclaimed dragging you by the hand.

"Yes please. I want a Rebel!" You shouted back.

Little did you know a blond was watching your encounter.

He wanted to so bad pull Kid away from you. But he saw how scared he made you. If you knew they were close, you might not want to hang around him anymore. Which he would have risked to save you if there wasn't also the fact he didn't want Kid to know of your relationship and how he fancied you. It would make matters complicated. He couldn't have any connections with you to the mafia. It would put you at greater risk. You would become a target so enemies could get to him. And he wasn't considered the best mafia member to be associated with. Being the massacre soldier. He knew Kid wouldn't hit a woman unless provoked, but he was still scared out of his mind. He was reluctantly relieved when Marco showed up, but not by much. Only the fact he had pulled you from Kid, but he hated the way he hugged you. His jealously was becoming unhealthy, he needed to walk away before he did anything that would make you hate him. He put you above everything in every choice he made. Even if it hurt him on the inside.

~Killers PoV

I caught up to Kid.

"Buddy! Are you okay? What happened?" Kid raced up to me.

"I'm okay. Just a scratch." I said.

He gave me a look.

"It's been treated properly and its already almost healed." I reassured him.

"Who."

"It was x -Drake"

"That fucking bastard. I'll send him to hell for touching you." He raged.

"Okay."

We went home.

~Marco Pov

I wondered what was taking Y/n so long. She's usually pretty fast with time. I'll go check on her.

As I strolled to where she resided I sensed two strong powerful auras. I sped up to see Eustass Kid grabbing Y/n by the shoulders.

A dark aura clouded around me. I was furious.

I would have taken him if it wasn't for Y/n standing in the cross fire. And I felt another presence a little ways away. Most likely his right hand man.

"Let her go." I told him.

"This isn't your problem Phoenix." The red man spat.

"This isn't your territory." I threatened.

"Tsk. Waste of my time." His voice was laced with venom. He let go of her and walked off.

I was thankful he dropped it at that and didn't start a fight. His mind must have been distracted. Not like I really cared.

I looked towards Y/n to see if she was okay. The moment I saw her teary face look up at me I immediately pulled her into a tight embrace. My heart stopped. No wonder Pops doesn't want to involve her any more than she already is by working for the company. Plus Shanks would destroy the city if anything happened to his precious daughter.

I whisper comforting words to her, hoping she would hear them and calm down.

"I'm okay now." She said. Wiping away her tears.

I smiled  at her. 

This girl was perfect.