080 | all things end

Start from the beginning

"Copy," Rey said back.

"We're ready when you are, General," Connix said over his comms.

He flexed his fingers, pushing the throttle forward and relishing the roar of the engine. "Copy. All fighters, with me. It's gonna be a rough ride, so stay locked on the course. May the Force be with us all."

-ˋˏ★ˎˊ-

. . . EXEGOL, UNKNOWN REGIONS

 EXEGOL, UNKNOWN REGIONS

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌 lowered, taking her deeper and into the heart of the Citadel. Towering statues rose all around her. All of it, she knew, was dedicated to the Sith.

Once she was on the ground she remained on high alert. Lightning continued to flash, the same power that ran through her own veins. A magnetic pull drew her to the center of this place as she walked through a narrow passage. On both sides of her, rocks had pressed up through the ground like the fingers of giant hands. Everything was dim and dark like light itself had forgotten about this place.

Rey stood in front of the throne of the Sith and listened as the voices of thousands rose up behind her in an ancient chant. It was the Sith Eternal, if she had to guess, an ancient cult that was said to reside in the barren sands of Exegol. It was like a giant theater stage complete with seating for thousands. All of this might and dark glory and all she could think was this is ridiculous.

"I have been waiting for this," a voice said from behind her. The same one that had haunted her dreams for weeks on end. "For my grandchild to come home. I never wanted you dead, I wanted you here." Rey turned. He held out a hand and gestured towards the throne. "Empress Palpatine. You will take the throne. It is your birthright to rule here."

Rey began to back away from him as he made his approach on whatever strange mechanical apparatus that was holding him up. In another life she would have loved to dissect the strange looking thing and examine how it worked. She focused on that now; it was easier than looking at him so she stared at the delicate hinges, the intricate tube work.

"I haven't come to lead the Sith. I've come to end them," she said with every ounce of confidence she could muster.

"As a Jedi?"

"Yes."

"No," he said with a cold laugh. "I can feel your hatred, your anger. You want to kill me, and that is what I want. Kill me, and my spirit will pass into you. As all the Sith live in me, so they will live on in you."

So this was his play. A method for him to finally have a human host again. The thought made her sick to her stomach.

"You will take my place, the time has come!" All of the faceless disciples that sat in the crowd around them fell silent at once in reverence. "You will ascend."