Chapter 1

Tamia's Pov

I am currently getting ready to go to my friends Michael and Kawhi's game with my friends Brianna and Danielle. I have developed strong feelings for Kawhi, but I'm afraid to tell him. We been friends forever I don't want to ruin our friendship. He might not have the same feelings for me. I hear the car beep and I gather my things to go.

"Hey Tamiaaaaaaa" Michael yells. Kawhi shakes his head and I get in the passnger seat. Bri is driving, while Dani and the boys are in the backseat.

"Hey Tamia wear my jersey." Kawhi explains.

"Why?" I ask.

"Cause it for good luck" he answers.

"Alright fine" I agree.

"Thank you sis" he says.

"No problem" I reply. I hate that he sees me as a sister when I see him as the love of my life.

We're on our way to game when Kawhi gets a text. He looks up and exhales and calmly says "My dad is dead."

Bri stops the car making my heart beat really fast. "Kawhi what did you just say." Dani asks.

"My dad died" he answers.

"How do you know?" Mike asks.

"My sister told me" he says. I can see tears falling down his face.

"What do you want to do?" I ask.

"Play in the game" he answers.

"Are you sure?" Bri asks.

"Yes guys." he whispers.

After the game

The boys won the game and Kawhi suprisingly played great. His mom came to pick him up. I waited for him to come out of the locker room which he didn't come out. Michael did though.

"Where is Kawhi?" I ask.

"He in the shower still." Michael informs.

"Thank you go home I'll wait for him." I say. He gives me a hug and I wait for Kawhi. He finally comes out the locker room and sees me

"What are you still doing here?" Kawhi asks.

"I wanted to make sure your okay." I explain.

"Don't worry about me I'm fine" He says.

"No you're not Kawhi you possibly can't be." I scorns.

"Tamia trust me I'm okay" Kawhi mumbles. He hugs me and walks out and I stare at him. I hope he doesn't break down.