the first time.

VIENNA: I forgot about our little spat, quick. It was so easy to forgive him.

EDDIE: things went back to normal, y'know as normal as it could be.

VIENNA: I was naive. I told myself i wasn't but everything i thought i knew, it was meaningless when it came to Eddie. I knew better [sigh] I was just so sick of seeing the worst in people.

EDDIE: It was this party, up in the hills. I don't remember who's it was.

VIENNA: It was filled  with names. It was insane because suddenly we fit into that.

KAREN: Me and Graham decided to go home. Make use of the empty house.

WARREN: I went down to the strip, with some blonde from the shoot. [smiles].

ELAINE CHANG: There are so many photos from the shoot, so many of Vienna. My favourites where she's stood with Jane Birkin. They're both holding a champagne flute, except James mid laugh as if Vienna's said something hilarious.

VIENNA: It was the nicest house i'd ever seen, seriously, the pool was the size of my old living room. They also had a photo booth on the rooftop.

"Come on. don't be a baby." Vienna teased, pulling a reluctant Eddie by the arm. "you got a quarter?" He shook his head. Unconvinced, she pulled him into a kiss. His arms wrapped around her waist. She took the opportunity to dip her hands into his jacket pockets. "you're such a liar," she muttered against his lips before pulling away.

The booth was small, plain. She pulled on his arms, he stumbled in landing on the wooden bench. She skimmed over the cracked instructions, shuffling on the bench. Slotting the stolen quarter in the gap, she prepared for the first photo.

She used her index finger to push up the tip of her nose, laughing as she did. He just looked over at her, failing to strop. Flash. Then, she moved into him. Grabbing his cheek she pulled it to closer to her own. Flash.

She sighed. She began speaking, stripping herself bare. Words falling out before they could register in her mind. "I want to be with you. I want people to know, Eddie." he looked  at her. Brows furrowed. "know that i'm yours." his gaze softened.

flash.

"Eddie i think," she paused. "I think I lo-"

he cut her off. Fingers tracing the line along her jaw, lifting her chin to close the gap between them.

flash.

They left, his hand in hers. She stopped. Pulling him back into her, her lips melting into his. She tucked  the
photo strip into his back pocket, grinning against his lips.

EDDIE: [sighs].

VIENNA: Then we went back to the party, hand in hand. Night fell way too soon that night.

EDDIE: She was always, so... herself. I watched everyone at that party fall in love with her. It was so easy to fall in love with her, I don't know why i ever doubted for a second that what i felt for her was....

JONAH: what they had, it was right under my nose and i completely missed it. Well, up until after the shoot anyway. It was almost poetic, so romantically melancholic.

VIENNA: god. that's what he said?

EDDIE: The man's a hack [laughs] but a broken clock's right twice a day.

VIENNA: it was around nine, I think. It's hazy, I mean I was out of my mind most of the time. Something by the bee gees was playing, Saturday night fever had just came out.

EDDIE: I'd left Vienna talking to some movie star, I was famished. I was sat on some deck chair talking to this girl. She was a fan, liked the last album. That's when i saw her.

VIENNA: As the song changed, I heard the first few bars of Van Morrisons 'brown eyed girl'. I instantly felt the need to search for Eddie. I mean, somewhere in my delusional brain id named that 'our song'. But when i found him, amongst the crowd he was already talking to someone.

"Excuse me," Vienna said politely to the girl she was talking to.  A budding actress, blonde and very pretty. She excused herself, brushing past shoulders and apologising as she tried to weave through the crowd.

As she got closer, she slowly realised that she knew that face. It was Camila. Ignoring the numbing throb in her chest, she forced herself to smile deciding to go and say hi. She hadn't had a chance to properly catch up with Camila at the shoot, it would be nice to see how she was, how Julia was.

"Sorry," she halted, accidentally spilling someone's drink. She looked up to see a beautiful girl with ebony skin and long chestnut spirals. The girl brushed her off. She instantly recognised her as René Monet, a french model.

She quickly excused herself, turning back to her  current task at hand. Her heart began to speed up, she had no idea why she was so panicked.

VIENNA: I think part of me knew already.

Then her footing stopped completely. She felt like she'd been floored. Her smile had melted away into nothingness. That ache in her chest, it was back with ten times more power. Her arms crossed over her chest, the music in the background almost laughing at her.

Eddie already had a Brown eyed girl and it was never her. It would never be her.

She watched their backs as they slowly made their way out. Her eyes fell to their intertwined fingers, that was the final kick in her stomach.  The air grew thin around her.

CAMILA: [sighs]

EDDIE: I'm not proud of what happened.

VIENNA: they were holding hands.

CAMILA: I was hurting, my mind wasn't clear.

EDDIE: I was chasing a dream i thought i wanted.

VIENNA: That was the first time Eddie Roundtree broke my heart.