rolling stone.

DAISY: we must've written eight or nine songs in the first couple weeks i would have an idea and her flesh it out or he'd come up with a riff and i'd come up with a melody

BILLY: When you're making an album, any album, it's an intimate thing. I mean, it has to be.

DAISY: which isn't to say we didn't [pause] fight.

BILLY: fighting, constantly.

WARREN: For a month it was like that. We'd be- We'd be in the studio y'know recording all the arrangements and they'd be... who knows where doing god knows what.

EDDIE: Every day. They'd come in with something new.

KAREN: I mean, great fucking songs.

EDDIE: and every night, they'd come in giggling like two little school girls.

VIENNA: Honestly, i'd have to do a line just to keep up with their mood swings.

INTERVIEWER: did it concern you?

GRAHAM: no. not really, i mean not yet anyway. Like, whatever they were doing [pause] it was working.

INTERVIEWER: How did you feel about it?

GRAHAM: I mean, great. yeah, we knew it was good.

VIENNA: really, really fucking good.

BILLY: Teddy, he was the most confident.

WARREN: here's how confident Teddy was. Before we even finished recording, he calls in a favour at rolling stone.

VIENNA: Rolling. Fucking. Stone.

JONAH BERG (journalist/author of The Rise of Daisy Jones): It was only my fifth assignment. Had the magazine thought more of the six at the time, they would've sent someone else.

VIENNA: The day we met Jonah. I remember, noticing it. The way he looked at her when he thought no one was looking at him. It was the way he looked at Camila. I don't know why i didn't give it another thought. [pause] I guess i was too busy to worry about it.

"How many sugars,"

"uh none, no milk either." Graham spoke matter of factly, preoccupied with a guitar in his hands.

"alright, grandpa" Vienna poured the instant pre-made coffee into a mug, passing the cup up to him. He was sat on an amp, she sat crossed legged on the carpet. He took a sip, she took to making her own cup.

"you have any ideas for that solo?" he asked, nodding softly.

She groaned, "i'm on a break, Graham. I can't work right now," he laughed, placing the cup down by his feet. He lifted the guitar strap over his head, leaning against the side of the amp and joining her on the floor, "let's talk about anything else, please."

"yeah, like what?" He asked, smiling absentmindedly.

"Let's just catch up, It's like i hardly see you anymore". She said too sweetly for it not to be implying something else. His brows furrowed, head shaking softly. He opened his mouth to speak but she interrupted, "Hey, Jonah?"

"Uh, yeah?" He asked from the other side of the room.

"Can you do me a favour and ask Dev what time my Taxis picking me up, please?" She smiled over her shoulder. He mumbled something under his breath, before getting up and leaving begrudgingly .

She left out a little sigh of relief when he left the room, "god that guy creeps me out," her eyes widened, "he's so quiet and, and sly."

"yeah but it's rolling stone man," Graham laughed.

"I trust him about as far as i can throw him," she lowered her volume. "Anyway, you and Karen spill."

He opened his mouth, blubbering slightly "what? uh, she told you?" he sputtered out.

"She didn't have to." She shrugged, "i know you both better than you know yourselves. Please tell me you didn't have sex in my bed."

"well, technically... it is Karen's too."  Vienna gasped, smacking his arm a few times, "I'm joking, I'm joking."

"you better be, Graham Dunne." she warned, finger pointed. "So.... you loooove Karen."

"I don't... love her." His cheeks twinged a rosy colour.

"yes you do." She deadpanned, dismissively. "Graham and Karen sitting in a tree K-I-S-"

He shushed her, panicked and wide eyed. "Shut up, slimy stone might hear you." he whispered, grin present though. "okay, now your turn. Who have you been seeing, huh?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." She frowned, grabbing her own cup and taking a sip.

"No of course you don't," he poked fun, "You wake up with those on your neck, huh? vampire mosquitoes?" he poked and pulled at the scarf around her neck.

She slapped his hand away, "can you focus?" She spoke, cheeks pink. "we've got music to write." She rolled her eyes mumbling something under her breath.

"do you loooove him?" Graham teased further, evil glint in his eye.

"Shut up." He didn't, he pushed even further. In retaliation, she began to sing again. "Graham and Karen-" the door opening cut her off.

"What are you talking about?" Jonah asked, slimy grin on his face. "Are you and uh, Karen y'know-?"

"what girlfriend boyfriend?" Vienna poked fun, rolling her eyes. "Is that what 'rolling stone' is interested nowadays?"

"Well, i mean i- the readers they want to know everything." He shrugged.

"what if she's my girlfriend?" He opened his mouth only to close it. "What if we're girlfriend, girlfriend." her face was plastered with a shit eating grin, "I don't think who we fuck and who we don't is all that important, do you Graham?"

"No, i don't think it's important at all," He nodded, "I mean you are hear to write about us as musicians aren't you?"

Jonah nodded, slowly. "Great, glad that's all cleared up." Vienna stood up, circling the amp and picking up Grahams guitar. "So, this is what i was thinking."

GRAHAM: That same night when i thanked her, for y'know covering for me. [laughs] She told me to 'fuck off'.

VIENNA: He shouldn't have to thank me y'know, he was [pause] my brother.

AUTHORS NOTE!!!!!————

HI 😭 i've changed the fics name to 'all things must pass' but figured that it might be confusing because obviously you don't get notifications when the books name changes. So i HAVE changed it because i feel it fits better however I will keep it as she's not there until i actually finish them book. Please comment and vote as it lets me know you're enjoying the story it also motivates me, (I thrive off of validation).

Thank you so much for reading this fic!!! I hope you like the direction I'm taking with it. so much love to you all <343