↳ 𝗶𝗶. 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗱𝗼𝗼𝗿.

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

s4 is coming and I'm literally just started writing for s1 😀

warnings: child neglect (?), allusion to child abuse in first bit, kinda long chapter

please let me know if i missed any!!

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Dove was a lot of things. Abrasive, spiteful, mean and maybe even cold.

But, a sore loser wasn't one of them.

She had lost her standing in the argument with her mother, and their heated debate of whether she would go to Utah to complete her third year of high school. Emilia had pulled a fast one on her, telling her that she was her mother and she could do whatever she saw fit. And right now, that decision had led her to sending her child away to a faraway country with a culture that was foreign to her and a family that didn't even exist until the day her mother had dropped the news on her.

Like dropping a guillotine on her head.

The only positive news that came from this was being separated from her backseat driver of a mother. Yay.

The morning of her flight, Dove stood before her parental guardians with a cold stare and an annoyed twitch to her glossy lips, glittery eyes and curled lashes batting to suppress the snarky remark that threatened to leave her. She wasn't the friendliest at goodbyes, especially not when it was her mother's smug face that would be her last impression on her home country. Some part of her did wish she could say something spiteful at Emilia Salazar's vicious smirk, but that would only end up hurting her stepdad, Lorenzo Ricci's, feelings.

The man with olive skin and dark waves that were tied into a low bun was her father's best friend. He was the one who had brought her to pageants at the early stages of her life when her dad was off at work, or played dolls with her in a ridiculously pitched voice. He had her back when she was force-fed vegetables at dinner, or whenever Emilia decided to absurdly punish her for doing something unladylike or untamable.