↳ 𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻.

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

IVE BEEN WRITING THE INTROS AND I FEEL LIKE I WROTE THE WHOLE SEASON ALREADY 😭😭

tw: pageant culture, ricky and his quarter life love life crisis, swearing, guilt, (maybe) ooc Nini?, misunderstanding

please let me know if I missed anything!

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Summers were meant for vacation photos, thrifting, sunbathing at beaches and glow-ups.

However, Dove wasn't used to using June as a glow up period. That was when school usually had started for her back at home, so it wasn't odd for her to get such a head start on her college-level coursework–which Ricky had teased her endlessly for–and doll herself up for the school year to come. That meant spa treatments, face masks, mud baths, getting a mani-pedi, shopping, exercising...

You know, the works.

Now, it was the beginning of July where the smell of barbeque would die down and the shimmer of fireworks exploding in the night sky would become dimmer. Dove, by international standard, had finished her sophomore year by April and was expected to start her junior year this June, but starting school in August was strange to her. August in Utah meant crisper and chillier air, so her Titas were keen on taking her shopping for more winter-esque gear like knitted sweaters, a puffer jacket and such, considering the only outfits Dove had brought with her consisted of summer fashion.

The FIlipino girl had thought there was so much to do and so much to prepare for before a new chapter in her life would begin. Although being sent away to Salt Lake City was still sitting on even ground in her heart, that didn't mean she didn't care enough to not prepare for it. She always prided in herself that she'd be the best at everything she did, so making her mark in an unknown city and an unfamiliar country was the stepping stone to something she couldn't name yet.

It was also in preparation for a new chapter in her career, considering she had recently just joined the race for Miss Salt Lake City. She wasn't eager too, but her pageant coach had encouraged her not to be dormant, even in unfamiliar territory.