𝒯𝒲𝐸𝒩𝒯𝒴-𝒯𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸

Start from the beginning

"I will start a diet" I murmur and she hums and tilt my chin up with her finger "your hair have to be straighter , maybe you need another perm" she says but I know she's talking to herself so I don't make the mistake of answering that has already led me to punishment.
"Let's go there's a lot that need to be done before tonight" I nod and follow her .

"So how is it going with the Guerrero son ?" She ask while we're in the car "I - good" she narrow her eyes at me "so you're a liar now Cate" I flinch shaking my head repeatedly "it's just , he's ignoring me" I say lowly and she grips my wrist so tightly that I know that trace of her nails will be left on my skin

"might I remind you that this engagement must be a success ?" I nod
"So I don't want hear how you've been failing to do a simple task I taught you all you needed to be a good wife now puts it into practice"

"But mother it's not me , he's n-" my head goes to the side and my cheek start to burn "since when do you talk back ?!" my eyes start watering and I shake my head dropping my head.

Luckily for me we don't spend too long in the car  who drops us in front of a private shop , mother has her habits here from what I gathered , lots of her gowns comes from here .

"Charles oh dear I missed you" mother say to a man who's walking towards us with a big smile "Naomi good to see you" he gives her an air kiss and his eyes then land on me but I look down not wanting to cause trouble "this is my daughter I'm here for her today" she discreetly pinches my elbow which means that I can look up now .

"Hi I'm Cate" I softly say and he smiles "she needs a dress preferably something soft colored princess type" Charles nod and motion to me to follow him .
"You're beautiful Cate" he says when we're out of mother's ear , I feel my cheek gets hot "thank you Charles" I beam , I don't know why but I love getting compliments it always makes me feel giddy and very happy.

I get out of the closet when he finishes putting the dress on me , my mother is sitting on a sofa sipping on a glass of champagne, her eyes trail up to me and she scrunches her nose at my dress , "stop slouching" she snap and I stand up straighter "I don't like it it makes you like a slut" I bite the inside of my cheek to not cry .

I quite liked the dress personally, the little slit on the thigh add a good touch to the dress "Charles this is not the one" Charles came out nodding "okay another one then"

Mother makes me try out at least eight gown before she's finally satisfied with light pink dress , it's quite heavy but I says nothing and she choses the jewelry that goes with it then pay.

"Start asking Alessandro for money , I shouldn't be buying you things now that you're there" I nod .

I don't think I like that idea though , I don't like being a burden and I also don't want him to think that I'm using him for money that's not right .

Mother bring me to a hair salon and tell the hairdressers to make my hair curly and they gets to work .

When they're done I'm back to the mansion "we'll you two sure took your time" Josefina voice complain "Oh yes sorry Josefina this girl is quite a handful" my mother says and I look down in shame , Josefina roll her eyes and turns around "well you better hurry up or I'm leaving without you"

I move quickly towards my bedroom and start to get ready "don't put too much makeup on , we don't want you to look ratchet" I nod and do as she says .

I finish in a hour or so "don't disappoint me Cate" I nod at mother's word and descends the stairs seeing an impatient Josefina waiting , when her eyes land on me she scoff and turns around heading to the car I brush my dress off descending the stairs.
I get in the car and the engines starts .
"You better not embarrass us there" I nod looking down .