Chapter 13: I'm gonna go all out

Y/N POV

The first girl that comes to me as soon as I head inside is Kai, who hugs and kisses me on the spot. 

I grab a hold of her and twirl her around, making her giggle those giggles I so desperately crave. 

Kai: Morning babe!

Y/N: Morning, what's up? 

Kai: I... I want to do something! 

Y/N: What's that? 

Kai pulls a couple sheets of paper out of her hoodie pocket.

Kai: Let's just say uh... that wire experience kept me up all night, so I just wrote a song, I wanna try it so bad! 

Y/N: Wanna try out the new studio? 

Kai nods her head. 

Y/N: Let's go then! 

Kai smirks, shuffling across the smooth floor in her socks all the way to the recording studio. 

I take out my ratty old laptop from under the desk in there, it's seen better days, but it's a fucking tank. 

The old samples that a few followers sent us might be perfect for a new song. 

I could work this in...

Kai puts the headphones on, blowing a kiss at me. 

Y/N: Let me know how this sounds! 

I load up another sample, unknowing of what it's going to become.

Kai: I-I... I could work with this! 

I hear her flex that beautiful voice, I make sure to catch all of it as long as she goes. 

She left the one piece of paper that had "possible titles" written on it.

Awww... she never came up with one, each and every one of them is crossed out or erased, the bottom of the paper has a bunch of frustrated scribbles in it. 

Come on... what can I come up with?

Kai: ...Deedumdumdum, watch the drum go dum...

She goes hard on that chorus, wait...

I look at the last few title ideas she wrote down, Drum Go Dum? 

Come on Kai... have more faith in yourself.

Kai: Cut it! CUT IT!!! DONE!!!

I cut the sample, cutting out that last part where she got all grumpy. 

Y/N: You alright? 

Kai: I didn't get good sleep last night... I... I'm feeling a lot of things right now.

Y/N: Well, come to the couch and talk about it. 

I sit down at the couch and the baggy-eyed Kai sits next to me.

Y/N: What's up girl? 

Kai: I was stressed about the song...

Y/N: The song sounds great! Just gotta find a title. 

Kai: I couldn't come up with one.

Y/N: Drum Go Dum?

Kai: It sounds dumb though...

Y/N: You said that in the song so many times? That went so hard, take pride babe. 

I wrap my arm around her, and she puts her oversized hoodie over her knees, encasing herself in a hoodie cocoon.