Chapter 9: Party like it's college

Y/N POV

I grab a drink for me and whichever girl is beside me this time, handing it to her blindly as I observe the party guests.

Kai: Thanks babe...

It was Kai, I was expecting Ahri, ah she's busy with Irie.

Jayce: Hey Y/N! How's it been man? You still know the method?

Y/N: What it is man...

Vik, Jayce, and I do our three way handshake that we only ever did twice.

Kai stands there in some form of awe mixed with disgust.

Y/N: I see you figured out that new security system we worked on. How'd you do it?

Jayce: Vik, it's your handy work.

Vik: Hextech, learned about it during my time in Zaun and uh, sorry for ditching you guys back in school. I just need some time alone to... Really think what I wanted to do...

I see a metal arm come out from behind his back.

Y/N: I see... All good man, I'm happy you guys like each other again.

Vik: Nah, I came to see you, I still hate this guy.

Jayce: Fuck you!

Vik: Fuck you!

Y/N: Hey! Not in here guys, if you're gonna bicker, take it outside. I'm sure Irelia would appreciate it if we don't trash her kitchen.

Both of them sigh and then turn back to me.

Vik: You look a little different, you get a nose job or something?

Y/N: What? No.

Vik: Yes you did, you fucking liar...

Kai giggles a little, taking another sip of her Crown and Coke.

Y/N: Anyway, how is Zaun anyway? I knew Jinx and Vi were living down there, hardly ever been there.

Vik: You know? It's not so bad, look past the dirt and the occasional stabbings, shootings, it's actually a pretty chill place. You wanna live on the outskirts if you ever choose to live there. Jinx did that, unlike me who lives next door to an apartment that had a guy get stabbed last week.

Y/N: Damn...

Vik: Yeah, anyway, great seeing ya buddy, let me know if you're ever in town.

Y/N: Same to you.

Vik: Good luck with stardom!

Y/N: Yeah...

Well, that was a little uncomfortable.

I forgot Vik even existed, but I guess I'm glad to see him alive.

He looked rough, bloodshot eyes, that arm came from his back like it was implanted, not strapped on like the one we made in college.

Wish Garen and Kat were here but looks like they might've run just out of reach. 

Y/N: Hey, where's Garen and Katarina?

I say that to Ekko, who's casually walking by with a drink in his hand. 

Ekko: Off in Timbuctoo, no fucking idea. He went overseas for work, Kat... they might be in Noxus maybe? No clue brother, so how you guys been?

Y/N: K/DA is doing good, haven't had to put my engineering degree to work yet but eh... can't complain.

Ekko: I see they had a facelift, each of them.