Chapter 19: The Crazy Flasher

Start from the beginning

Hiromi:"Arata...are you okay? Is something bothering you?" I asked in a worried tone.

Arata:"Nope. Nothing's bothering me. I'm actually quite fine." He lied blatantly.

This was quite shocking, he never lied to me once when we met. I don't know what's going Arata, but I will get to the bottom of it and help him. So, I stood up and got on top of him, as he look's shocked but not flustered...now it does seem weird.

Arata:"What are you doing? Get off me

Arata:"What are you doing? Get off me." He requested.

Hiromi:"Arata, there's clearly something wrong and you're not telling me. Just tell me what it is so I can help." I pleaded.

Arata, who now had a bit of a guilty expression, look's away from my eyes in shame as he let's out a sad and forced smile.

Arata:"I really am okay. Just let go of me, please." He requested.

Arata lied again. This is getting nowhere and even if I ask again, I'm sure he won't answer. He'd rather suffer alone than let the people he cares about suffer along with him. So, I let him go and got off of him as we see multiple people looking ang staring at us, making me flustered but not Arata.

Hiromi:"Ca-can I atleast know where you've been? Akeno was worried, as well as someone named Andy." I asked him.

Arata:"Andy-senpai got involved too...But sorry, I can't tell you where I'm staying. I...just can't." He dodged my question.

Hearing Arata lie to me broke my heart. I know that he must have a valid reason but to lie to me, who I thought was now my close friend, still hurts. But those expressions and his way of sitting, something is obviously bugging him, but he just wont tell me.

Hiromi:"...Fine. I guess it's fine then. We...were just worried is all." I stopped my advances.

Arata:"Yeah...it's better that way." He said as he stood up and began to walk away.

He then waved bye to me behind his back as his left hand was inserted onto his hoodie's left pocket.

Arata:"I promise I'll make it all up to you after I'm done. Bye bye." He said to me as I looked at him with worry.

Arata has changed. He wasn't the shy and naive person I once knew. His getting...more and more cold and serious. As if...no, surely Sachiko is safe...right?

Now that I began to think about it. Sachiko wasn't even around his house when I visited to look for him when he disappeared. Also, the weird attack on the donut shop where Arata was encountered in critical condition and when I watched the news, the cashier that was interviewed said that a small girl was kidnapped.

Hiromi:"No way...it has to be coincidence...right? Sachiko wouldn't actually be kidnapped, right?" I asked myself, rejecting the possibility.

But the coincidences were too perfect. Arata in the shop, all bloodied, the cashier's interview on news. Arata's new personality, his tiredness...his trying to rescue Sachiko.