Chapter 10: The Nostalgic Past

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Nana's pov:

As I was noe outside, tending to Toru's injury from his little fight with Arata, I held onto him and helped him up as he suddenly screamed.

Toru:"Don't touch me!" He shouted at me.

He pushes his forearms against my own buddy as it pushes me away, nearly making me fall on the street, making me afraid of him for a split second.

Nana:"Da-darling, what are you doing? We can ju-"

Toru:"Shut up! I don't need your pity! I'm not weak!" He suddenly started shouting.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Toru was currently having a mental breakdown from being looked down upon by Arata. Is he egotistic that just being beaten makes him panic?

Nana:"Ca-calm down, darl-Gah!" I was cut off as he slaps my face.

Toru:"Don't touch me I said! I'm much better than you or Arata, I'm not weak!" He shouted.

He started running away from our house as he dashed quite fast and was able to get out of sight in just a few moments. With him gone, I was on the concrete floor as I touched the slap mark he gave me.

Nana:"Ow!...That hurts..." I said to myself.

As I sat there on the concrete road. Footsteps can be heard behind me, which made me nervous to see who it was, until the person spoke.

Reiko:"Mom!? Are you okay!?" My eldest daughter shouted.

She dashes towards me and held onto me as she see's the slap print on my cheek, making her even more worried.

Reiko:"What happened!? Who did this!?" She asked me demandingly.

Nana:"I-It was Toru...he had a mental breakdown and-Ow!" I yelped in pain.

To see where I the source of the pain was, I began to look at me shoulder, only to see that Reiko was squeezing on my shoulder a little too hard.

Nana:"Re-Reiko, your squeez-Wah!?" I shrieked as I saw her enraged face.

Her face was unlike the usual calm and collected expression she always wore. Even when she was angry, her face was calm, but now her face filled with rage.

 Even when she was angry, her face was calm, but now her face filled with rage

Reiko:"Toru! That bastard! I knew I should've just....Gaaaah!" She shouted at the end.

Nana:"Listen, sweety. Le-let's just go in and just...go and put some ice on it." I suggested.

Reiko:"O-Okay. I'll help you up." She said as she pulls me by the arm.

She then placed my whole right arm on the back of her neck across her right shoulder as she began to support me back inside.

As Reiko carried me towards the front door, I began to think of the face Arata made as well as what he just said to Toru and the way he just left me with Toru in the road of all people.