"It's been a—" Frey began, but was interrupted as Raoul Glowell exited the stable as well to join in on his sister's excitement, proving to be yet another groom with lacking manners. Then again both of them had always been like that.

"Young— I mean, Lord Clausson, you're finally back!" Raoul stopped beside Paulina to greet their guests, tucking in part of his shirt to at least pretend he was dressed properly. "How long has it been?"

To Frey's displeasure but hardly surprise, neither of the siblings could keep their eyes away from the side of his face. It hadn't looked like that the last time he'd been there so it was natural, but it hurt nonetheless.

"A rather long time," Frey answered Raoul, dryly. "As I was just about to say."

"Both of you back off," another voice said, with Paulina and Raoul being pushed to the sides to make way for Eadgar Glowell's impressive frame. "You know better than to crowd around Lord Clausson like this."

His face twisted into a broad smile, and he raised a large hand to pat, or rather smack, Frey's shoulder.

"I haven't seen him in so long either, after all!"

Frey smiled, though wishing the man would remove his hand. Unlike his children, Eadgar had never quite grasped the idea of shoulder pats not being appreciated.

Certainly not befitting the owner of the farm.

"It's nice to be here again," he said to the three of them. "And that you're all doing well."

He glanced around, a small wrinkle forming between his eyebrows in case he'd spoken too soon.

"You are all doing well, I hope?"

"Ah yes, Sumitha and Emrik will be here in a bit." Eadgar looked towards the house on the other side of the pastures. "I believe they're preparing tea."

Then he turned to Marius, who'd remained silent during the whole reunion.

"And who might this young man be?"

"Marius, Mr. Glowell." Marius stepped forward to shake Eadgar's hand. "I work at Lord Hargreaves' stable back in South Kerilia."

"Is that so?" Eadgar looked him up and down with a raised eyebrow. "I don't believe I've seen you before."

"He's new," Frey filled in. "But Lord Hargreaves seems to find him promising, so he's been tasked with accompanying me."

Eadgar smiled again.

"Travelling with a servant alone for hours, and yet you're not at his throat."

"I assure you I've feared for my life many times, Mr. Glowell," Marius said, faking a sombre look and Eadgar laughed.

"That seems more like it."

Despite the obvious glances at his scar, Frey was surprised to find the Glowells about as cheerful and welcoming as ever. It was as though nothing had changed. His father's demise and family being dragged through the dirt hadn't made a difference. They treated Frey the same way they always had, and he couldn't sense any contrasting emotions behind it either.

He cleared his throat.

"Shall we go inside then?"

"Right this way." Raoul beamed, waving them along through the stable doors. "Which ones would you like to look at first?"

"Lord Hargreaves wants two draft horses," Frey looked around. The place hadn't changed much since last time. "We'll begin there."

"I'll show you," Paulina offered before her brother could open his mouth, and with Frey's no-touch rule in mind, she chose to drag Marius with her instead. "We have new additions in the Fire family. Bonfire is only two though and hasn't been backed yet, not that it would be that long of a wait, but we also have his older sister, Embers, and then there's Pepper and Ginger from the Herbal family."