We Need To Talk

I wanted to update other things today :/
I'm also gonna update He Was Only Meant To Watch today as well so go check it out!!!

———————————————

Scar's Perspective-

Scar nodded and looked directly at Grian, "I know you like Mumbo."

Grian's eyes widened.

"I- what?"

Scar nodded, his expression blank.

Not sad, but not happy.

Just...blank.

"I've seen the way you always blush whenever he texts you or sends you a picture. I know you want him to be happy and want to be with him."

"I don't like- "

"Don't lie to me Grian." Scar smiled weakly, "I know you. I'm your best friend. I know you like him."

Grian looked to the ground.

"You won't hurt my feelings. Besides, I think we're better as friends."

Grian sighed as he fell to the floor, sitting across from Scar.

"I- I did like you though." Grian said, trailing off.

Scar nodded, "Did, not do. See? You do like Mumbo."

"But- what about us?"

Scar took off his heart necklace and handed it to Grian.

"Friends?"

Tears formed in Grian's eyes.

"I- I- "

Scar smiled and Grian broke down in tears.

Scar let go of Jellie and hugged Grian.

"It's okay, Gri. I know you like Mumbo. We'll still be friends. I'm not hurt, you're not hurt, we're good." Scar said soothingly.

"I- I just feel t-terrible." Grian sobbed, "W-what about us? W-what about M-Mumbo? I'll n-never see him a-again."

Grian sniffed and wiped his eyes, "There's no p-point in confessing to M-Mumbo. And b-besides, I r-really like you S-Scar."

"But not like that. I know your heart would much rather be with Mumbo. You just want to be friends with me."

"B-but I don't!"

"Yes, you do."

"M-maybe you do, but I r-really like you S-Scar. And I was h-happy with you."

"Was. My point exactly. We're just not good together anymore. We're better as friends."

"But- but- "

"Grian, I'll be alright. I want you to follow your heart. And right now, it beats for Mumbo."

"But- "

"Please?" Scar asked, making eye contact with Grian, "Do it for me?"

"I- I do like..." Grian sighed as he wiped his eyes, "I do like Mumbo."

Scar smiled.

"But," Grian looked up at Scar, "Will you be okay?"

"Of course, I will. Besides, I'm your best friend who's gonna be the best wingman ever and help you get with Mumbo."

Grian let out a watery giggle.

"Friends?" Scar asked.

Grian nodded and smiled, "Friends."

They hugged again and Grian then went home.

He took off his necklace and took Scar's out of his pocket.

He looked at them, and even though his heart ached over the breakup with Scar, he was also happy it went that way.

They were better as friends.

And besides, now he had a chance with Mumbo.

—————————————————

Fuck! XD
I just realized that the chapter totally switched to Grian's pov at the end there. It's fine tho, it's the thought that counts after all. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed with chapter! I wanted it to go smoothly and not have a bunch of arguing and sad breakups. I hope you liked the bit of Scarian fluff and angst, despite this being a Gumbo story.