She Knows

After babysitting Philip and Theodosia, you decided to spend the night, and visit your brother George the next day.

Since he was working at his office today, you decided to show up a little early to surprise him. You hadn't seem him in a while, and were missing him a lot.

                                                                       ...

You knock lightly on the door of your brother's office, as you smile to yourself excitedly.

"Come in!" your brother says loudly, as you quickly open the door and barge in.

"George!" you say as you run to him and embrace in a hug. 

"Ah- Hello Y/N! It's felt like so long since we've seen each other." George says while hugging you back.

"Well I wanted to see my favorite brother, so I wanted to surprise you!" you say while sitting down in the chair across from him.

You then hear a quite loud knock on the door, which also startles your brother. He then looks up with an annoyed expression as he adjusts his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"Come in." he says while sighing.

You turn around as the door opens, to see it was Thomas at the door. Why does he knock so hard?

"Hey boss, I needed to ask you about a few documents-"

"Hi Thomas." you say while smiling softly.

"Hello Y/N.." Thomas says while averting eye contact with you.

The room then quickly turns silent as it fills up with awkward silence. You look down trying to hold your laughter, since you often laughed in awkward situations.

"What documents did you need to talk to me about?" George says quickly to break the annoying silence.

                                                                    ...

After about ten minutes of the two talking about who knows what, you start to space out while staring at a wall.

"Y/N..? Y/N?" George says while looking at you while squinting. You didn't respond after a few seconds, and he was getting annoyed.

"Y/N!" he says while snapping.

"Hmm?" you say while looking up at him while blinking innocently.

"You spaced out.." Thomas says while smiling crookedly.

"Oh, sorry, sorry." you say while glancing up at Thomas. When you glance up, you see him looking up at you with an expression you've never seen from him, though you can't quite make out what it is.

 You look back up at him again, and he looks empty. He was never like that.

After a few moments, George clears his throat loudly to break the silence.

"Anyways, Y/N I have a bunch of work to do, so would you two mind leaving for a little while? I'll make it up to you later, okay?" George says while kissing the top of your head.

"Okay..bye George." you say while leaving his office. Thomas trails behind you with his papers as he closes the door behind him.

You were looking down at your feet while walking, as Thomas was shuffling through his pile of papers.

Since you weren't looking where you were going, you ended up walking into a small and dark room.

Thomas unconsciously followed you into the room and tripped on something on the floor.